Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    absolutely petrified.

about grades and the experience.
    thats the spirit

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Red

Just wondering how everyone is feeling about going 2 uni!
    I know its gonna be a great experience but I'm going 2 really miss my family/home etc

Does anyone else feel the same???
    How r u coping???

Thanks
    I'm looking forward to it- I'm not nervous- I like meeting new people, but I do know a few of the people that should be on my course!

Travelling around means I don't get homesick- and if I want to see my friends just a train/airplane/car (delete as appropriate) journey away!- Lol

So keep smiling- your going to love it

Vladek- its nothing compared to how scared you'll be when you graduate and have to get a job!!!
    Yep thats the scary part I think!

ReputationRep:
    hehe

i think its more the settling in; once thats through i think it'll be pretty damn good

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't scared at all... more excited. After my first lesson, lecture and work briefing - I was scared. Terrified in fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    After my first lesson, lecture and work briefing - I was scared. Terrified in fact.
    Thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm pretty scared about uni, hope i settle in quickly
    also having the height of a 16 yr old and looking like one doesn't help!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited. The only thing I'm worried about really is that I'm expecting too much - I'm imagining all sorts of quaint, Blyton-esque activities with my housemates (group picnics, bonding over ginger beer, solving mysteries etc) and it probably wont be much like that...

But I'm dying to get on with my course, and to move out, so even if I have to live in the 21st century, things shouldn't be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm really excited about going, I can't wait to make a completely new fresh start. However I'm so scared about not getting my grades that it kind of ruins the excitement of going to uni

ReputationRep:
    As i think i messed up my exams, i'm very nervous as to whether i will get into nottingham or even my insurance, reading. However, if i am able to go, i think the night before and journy up on the first day will probably be the most terrifying/ most exciting. I was nervous about even goin up to the open day for my course at nottingham.

When i'm there, if i do luckly go, i'll probably be most scared about first of all meeting new friends and then when i'm settled in, being realy ill as i ain't too independent when it comes to taking care of myself when im ill.

Anyway, i'm a leo so i should be ok!!!

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait to living on campus where everything will be going on

ReputationRep:
    I am nwither scared nor petrified, to be blantently honest I'm quite excited about the prospect, moving away from home, studying for three years, though I am slightly more concerned over the debt I shall have once I graduate, oh well, the perks of being a student. I say enjoy it while you can, as it'll only happen once in your lifetime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

my biggest worry is the 4 hour distance between me and my bf. oh and i'll hate the course and no one will like me. and i'll get really homesick.

lou xxx

I'm gonna be 4 hours from my bf too - me in Manchester and him in King's Lynn (Norfolk) We've been together for 20 months. That's my biggest worry too, I'm looking forward to everything else. Hopefully it'll work, I know people that are still together after a year of one/both of them being at uni. Go with a positive attitude!!

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely excited about it- i have waited 2 years for this!! (2 gap years!!) i am a little bit worried about having to divide time between uni/uni friends and my bf- but i'm sure it will work out. I will only be 12 miles down the road from him, its more the fact that we are used to spending all our time together and obviously things are going to change. I'm going to get involved at uni though, and make sure i have a great time!! I'm a little nervous that i won't get accomodation, as I am a local student, and that i will have to commute from home- in which case i will be petrified about not making friends! If i'm in accomdoation i will be scared in case people don't like me! I am really looking forward to getting stuck in to work though, and actually using my brain, as my gap year jobs haven't exactly challenged me in that department!!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going this year, but next. God almighty I am petrified. I don't want to lose my friends, or lose touch rather, they are so important to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I am absolutely excited about it- i have waited 2 years for this!! (2 gap years!!) i am a little bit worried about having to divide time between uni/uni friends and my bf- but i'm sure it will work out. I will only be 12 miles down the road from him, its more the fact that we are used to spending all our time together and obviously things are going to change. I'm going to get involved at uni though, and make sure i have a great time!! I'm a little nervous that i won't get accomodation, as I am a local student, and that i will have to commute from home- in which case i will be petrified about not making friends! If i'm in accomdoation i will be scared in case people don't like me! I am really looking forward to getting stuck in to work though, and actually using my brain, as my gap year jobs haven't exactly challenged me in that department!!

Ruthie xx
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    How old are you?
    I'm 20.....
    do you think people will think i'm weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I'm 20.....
    do you think people will think i'm weird?
    not at all. I will have just turned 20 when i get 2 uni, however, i didnt take a gap year i just did AS levels then did 2 years of a levels and now going to uni . best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    not at all. I will have just turned 20 when i get 2 uni, however, i didnt take a gap year i just did AS levels then did 2 years of a levels and now going to uni . best of luck
    thanks!!
    i didn't really know what i wanted to do and didn't think there was any point just going to uni for the sake of it- now i really want to go and will make more of it than I think i would have done before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red)
    Hey,

Just wondering how everyone is feeling about going 2 uni!
    I know its gonna be a great experience but I'm going 2 really miss my family/home etc

Does anyone else feel the same???
    How r u coping???

Thanks
    I'm so scared about ACTUALLY getting into Uni!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks everyone for replying 2 my thread thing!!!
    Its good to know that nearly everyone is scared liked me!
    I'm sure most people feel this way, we r all in the same boat!

Hope everyone has a great time at Uni!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.