Turn on thread page Beta

R u scared???? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared about uni as I have lived on my own before and therefore know how to cook, clean etc etc..and I'm pretty sociable and friendly so won't find it hard to meet people....what I am worried about is hating my course and wishing I had gone somewhere else..!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    ....what I am worried about is hating my course and wishing I had gone somewhere else..!!
    That seems to be quite a few peoples worry but hopefully that won't be the case...*fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    I kinda look forward to uni but worried that I won't cope, with cooking and all! And getting up in time for lectures etc! I'm really scared I won't make any friends - took me years to establish the group of friends I have now and there's summit like 8 or more of us and we have such a mad time together - this is without alcohol etc as well! I'll really miss them, especially my best friend. She's such a lovely person This is crazy but part of me is tempted to go to the uni she's applying to, cus I more or less know what her very likely firm choice would be. That would be stupid but the prospect of being with her is tempting - being alone in a new place is gonna scary tis all.

Anyway, I do look forward to the prospect of finding a boyfriend at uni hehehehe. That would be lovely.

Btw, anyone who's scared of their boyfriend/girlfriend forgetting you, well don't worry cus if they love you they won't forget you! I know someone who went to a different uni to her boyfriend and they married each other after graduation and they're now happily married

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely cannot wait. If you'd asked me a few months ago I would've said I'd miss my friends, but we seem to have grown apart recently, some of them have moved on already, a couple have older boyfriends and now that they're home for summer, the girls don't have any time for their friends anymore. One or two people I will miss, but more than anything I want to go and meet a whole bunch of new people who won't have any preconceptions about me.

i can't wait to have my independence, as my parents are kind of overbearing, they're only just coming to terms with the fact that I'm not a kid anymore.

And hopefully the course will be ok, too.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.