This discussion is closed.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not scared about uni as I have lived on my own before and therefore know how to cook, clean etc etc..and I'm pretty sociable and friendly so won't find it hard to meet people....what I am worried about is hating my course and wishing I had gone somewhere else..!!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by who_me)
....what I am worried about is hating my course and wishing I had gone somewhere else..!!
That seems to be quite a few peoples worry but hopefully that won't be the case...*fingers crossed*
khil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I kinda look forward to uni but worried that I won't cope, with cooking and all! And getting up in time for lectures etc! I'm really scared I won't make any friends - took me years to establish the group of friends I have now and there's summit like 8 or more of us and we have such a mad time together - this is without alcohol etc as well! I'll really miss them, especially my best friend. She's such a lovely person This is crazy but part of me is tempted to go to the uni she's applying to, cus I more or less know what her very likely firm choice would be. That would be stupid but the prospect of being with her is tempting - being alone in a new place is gonna scary tis all.

Anyway, I do look forward to the prospect of finding a boyfriend at uni hehehehe. That would be lovely.

Btw, anyone who's scared of their boyfriend/girlfriend forgetting you, well don't worry cus if they love you they won't forget you! I know someone who went to a different uni to her boyfriend and they married each other after graduation and they're now happily married
figgetyfig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I absolutely cannot wait. If you'd asked me a few months ago I would've said I'd miss my friends, but we seem to have grown apart recently, some of them have moved on already, a couple have older boyfriends and now that they're home for summer, the girls don't have any time for their friends anymore. One or two people I will miss, but more than anything I want to go and meet a whole bunch of new people who won't have any preconceptions about me.

i can't wait to have my independence, as my parents are kind of overbearing, they're only just coming to terms with the fact that I'm not a kid anymore.

And hopefully the course will be ok, too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.15%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (77)
18.92%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (89)
21.87%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.07%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.32%

Watched Threads