Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prostheticzeta)
    any ideas?
    You're not the brightest of the bunch, are you?

Dreams are hallucinations derived from the brain. You do not need eye sight to dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)

Dreams are hallucinations derived from the brain. You do not need eye sight to dream.
    I think that he was asking how they could have an image of the outside world if they had been born blind.

To which the answer would presumably be that it all stems from their imagination and how they perceive the world around them.

ReputationRep:
    This is an everyday issue?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Dreams are thoughts. They work the same way if you're blind as they would if you have sight. The only difference would be that you'd dream of sounds primarily. Bad nightmares are apparently very common if you're blind, ones where you can't identify where you are or what's going on because the sounds you're dreaming of don't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I think that he was asking how they could have an image of the outside world if they had been born blind.

To which the answer would presumably be that it all stems from their imagination and how they perceive the world around them.
    Even blind people don't completely see pitch black, there's plenty with some sight. My grandmother's legally defined as blind, due to cartaracts, but can see fairly okay with high-level prescription glasses.

What I'm really saying is, most blind people can see something at least. Likely a distorted perception of an object we can see clearly. The question is rather vague, as evident by my confusion and your needed elaboration.

There is no conclusive proof blind people can't see images from hallucination.

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! THE STUPiDITY!!!

ReputationRep:

Agree with you. You don't need eyes to see dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Even blind people don't completely see pitch black, there's plenty with some sight. My grandmother's legally defined as blind, due to cartaracts, but can see fairly okay with high-level prescription glasses.

What I'm really saying is, most blind people can see something at least. Likely a distorted perception of an object we can see clearly. The question is rather vague, as evident by my confusion and your needed elaboration.

There is no conclusive proof blind people can't see images from hallucination.
    well some people are completely blind, I work as a support worker for death blind people and some just were born without vision. It is one of the most common question that we among staff ask ourselves, how do they dream, what do they dream. If they have never seen light or moving objects, what is trapped there in their imagination

ReputationRep:
    a more interesting question would be how to they know what colours they are seeing?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.