Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What grades would I need to get to do a degree in ict btw I'm doing btec level 3 I'm in my first year

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, ICT isn't really a subject offered as a degree usually it will be called ITMB, Information Management or similar, personally I think Computer Science is a far better choice and more employable

In terms of what grades you need that totally depends on what standard of university you go to, literally can range anything from PPP-D*D*D* in your BTEC of course the better unis require higher grades.

I got D*D*D* in my IT BTEC Level 3 and am now in my third year of Computer Science at Royal Holloway to get in i was required to get DDD (triple distinction)

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    Firstly, ICT isn't really a subject offered as a degree usually it will be called ITMB, Information Management or similar, personally I think Computer Science is a far better choice and more employable

In terms of what grades you need that totally depends on what standard of university you go to, literally can range anything from PPP-D*D*D* in your BTEC of course the better unis require higher grades.

I got D*D*D* in my IT BTEC Level 3 and am now in my third year of Computer Science at Royal Holloway to get in i was required to get DDD (triple distinction)

Hope this helps
    Yh I've only started I'm like a week in is it really hard to get what you got.
    When I was getting enrolled I didn't even wanna do btec but because I didn't get a grade b I had to do it but I'm presuming a levels are much better obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westhamfan40)
    Yh I've only started I'm like a week in is it really hard to get what you got.
    When I was getting enrolled I didn't even wanna do btec but because I didn't get a grade b I had to do it but I'm presuming a levels are much better obviously
    Well i worked really hard and but there are only a few unis that require D*D*D*, you can get into most with DDD which is a bit easier to obtain.

Personally, if you want a career in IT I think the BTEC is much better than A levels in similar subjects, i have recently completed a placement and at my interview they were very impressed with the range of modules that i did on the BTEC

Do you need anymore advice on what degrees you can do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    Well i worked really hard and but there are only a few unis that require D*D*D*, you can get into most with DDD which is a bit easier to obtain.

Personally, if you want a career in IT I think the BTEC is much better than A levels in similar subjects, i have recently completed a placement and at my interview they were very impressed with the range of modules that i did on the BTEC

Do you need anymore advice on what degrees you can do?
    Well i want to do computer science like you but i just hope i get all distinction because it give you many more oppurtunites

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.