Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I applied to uni of Kent through clearing and accepted my offer. For the past 2 weeks I have been calling the university to confirm that accommodation was available and I was reassured that there is still rooms left that will be sent out throughout the week(s). Friday the 9th of September I called to confirm again and I was told I would have accommodation by Tuesday. I find out this morning that they are full and I will not be given accommodation and should start looking off campus. I am very annoyed at how late they have left it. I would not be this annoyed if I was told last week/ given more time. I have 4 days!!!!! to sort out accommodation for myself. I just wanted to ask if anyone else was in this situation, what they're doing, if you want to team up and find accommodation together or you are already living off campus anyway. I am/will be a first year student and live in the Midlands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M&M123)
    So I applied to uni of Kent through clearing and accepted my offer. For the past 2 weeks I have been calling the university to confirm that accommodation was available and I was reassured that there is still rooms left that will be sent out throughout the week(s). Friday the 9th of September I called to confirm again and I was told I would have accommodation by Tuesday. I find out this morning that they are full and I will not be given accommodation and should start looking off campus. I am very annoyed at how late they have left it. I would not be this annoyed if I was told last week/ given more time. I have 4 days!!!!! to sort out accommodation for myself. I just wanted to ask if anyone else was in this situation, what they're doing, if you want to team up and find accommodation together or you are already living off campus anyway. I am/will be a first year student and live in the Midlands.
    The problem is is that they go through applications by first come first served, they do hope to accommodate everyone but they have to go through each one by one and checking first whether they have a disability (as that bumps them up the list priority wise) and then their preferences before going to the clearing people again first come first served and checking if they have a disability. If you were one of the last people to apply through clearing then that would just be the way it is, it is last minute but people drop out all the time and reject offers, so they cannot guarantee anything yes or no. Have you checked their website for outside accommodation? I remember seeing they have a list of recommended providers/places for students to stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M&M123)

I just got my clearing application accepted for Kent are you still looking for accommodation......... I'm first year as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevictorious)
    I just got my clearing application accepted for Kent are you still looking for accommodation......... I'm first year as well
    I'm in first year and looking for accommodation too. Team up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgsW)
    I'm in first year and looking for accommodation too. Team up?
    Yeah don't mind
    Do you have Facebook or whatsapp

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.