Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted the contract to stay in Bluebell halls. Turns out I'm not getting as much funding as I expected (Bluebell is expensive) and stupidly I've now read it's very antisocial. Does anyone have any experience with this? And are you ever able to change halls or is it impossible once you accept the contract?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana96)
    I've accepted the contract to stay in Bluebell halls. Turns out I'm not getting as much funding as I expected (Bluebell is expensive) and stupidly I've now read it's very antisocial. Does anyone have any experience with this? And are you ever able to change halls or is it impossible once you accept the contract?
    Hey, could you contact the accom department and let them know?? As far as I know you cant change halls until a few weeks after starting only if you find someone willing to swap with you. Or I think they put you on a list. Its worth talking to them if you haven't done so already!

ReputationRep:
    Lmaoo that was stupid of you.

ReputationRep:
    If you are still struggling with the accommodation cost, I have an offer for New Rootes and would gladly swap with you.

ReputationRep:
    I was told that in the third week of term, the transfer list opens up for students wishing to swap rooms within campus accommodation.
    What do you mean by anti-social? And is your flat single-sex (females)? Because I'm hoping to swap my room in Tocil for an ensuite one.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I accepted the contract to stay in Westwood, but I really don't like the idea of sharing a bathroom. So, I would be really happy to swap a room with you. Please, let me know if you wanna swap rooms as soon as possible!!!

ReputationRep:
    If funding is your concern, then fair enough, but if you are reconsidering due to the bluebell social life, THAT, is a terrible reason. Your social life is essentially dependent on you and you alone, I found in bluebell by flat was extremely sociable, more so than the vast majority of flats of friends in different accommodation buildings. Also, if you find your flat to be an issue, you have rootes a hop, skip and a jump away, you can be there in 30 seconds, meet up and party knowing you have a quiet en-suite room which you can relax in when you want to peace. Trust me, some accommodation blocks, it will be impossible to get any peace and quiet, even during exam times, forcing you to go to an over-crowded library which really is not as quiet as you would expect. But as I said earlier, if it the cost you are struggling with, it is worth switching, bluebell is extremely expensive RELATIVE to the other accommodation blocks (compared to london, its dirt cheap for what it is). There is a reason bluebell is the most over-subscribed accommodation block.
    Remember, you are dealt a hand in life, you have to make the most of what you get, its not hard to create an active social life if you want, and university is the perfect breeding ground for that sort of personality to flourish into fruition.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.