50.00%
    birmingham
    25.00%
    leicester
    0%
    southampton
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am applying to medicine this year. I have not done my UKCAT yet but I am predicting a average score of 650 as I have absolute no hope of doing good in it!
    My predicted grades will be A* A A ( Maths, bio , chem )
    My gcses were 4 A*'s 5 A's
    I have done a lot of extra curricular stuff and have done a hospital placement and volunteering etc..

So on my UCAS form I have chosen one uni so far and that is Brighton & Sussex
    But the other 3 I am undecided out of this list:
    Imperial ( BMAT), Birmingham ( ukcat) , Leicester (ukcat) , Southampton (ukcat) , St Georges ( ukcat)

So could please someone help me decide which other 3 uni's to choose - I know I am not gonna do amazing on the UKCAT - so which universities are easier than the others to get into with a low ukcat score
    And I am also very torn between Southampton and St georges - which one is easier to get into?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also Leicester is my dream uni to go to but they base their application off by 50% UKCAT so even If I get an average score in the ukcat shall i still apply there as I think all the other aspects of my application are good enough to get in!!

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom32)
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please be patient and wait for people to respond. Whilst you wait you can always spend that time researching medical school requirements. This kind of question has been asked so many times on tsr, there are plenty of threads where people have written detailed answers on the different requirements of each uni. Have a read.

Realistically it's not worth completely narrowing down your choices until you have your ukcat result. That can have a massive impact on where you can apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

ReputationRep:
    BUMPP

ReputationRep:
    Wish I could unvote after seeing the bumps. There is TONS of info on here without needing to spam. I know because I looked for it last year. Try being a little more proactive.

ReputationRep:
    bump - hard to be proactive when there is a lot of other stuff to do

ReputationRep:
    bump - hard to be proactive when there is a lot of other stuff to do
    Welcome to Medicine.

Have you sat your UKCAT yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys urgent help is needed!! Just done my UKCAT - got 580 in VR, 690 in QR, 580 in AR, and band 2 in sjt so an average of 617My predicted grades are (A*,A,A) in maths,bio,chem. I have 4 A*'s and 5 A's I have put down imperial and sussex as my two BMAT choices and I have narrowed down the list of UKCAT unis to these: so please could you advise me on which two to choose:Birmingham, St georges, Bristol ( 70% on personal statement scares me!), Durham, Norwich, Kings college, Sheffield and Southampton. The other ukcat unis have been omitted from my list due to them being too far away - so these are the best ones location wise!I don't think I will do that well in the BMAT so that puts me off adding any more BMAT unis to my selection!I really appreciate any help and advice! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi - urgently need help!!
    In my ukcat got an average of 617, band 2
    Predicted A-levels: A* A A ( maths,bio,chem)
    Gcses; 4 A*'s and 5 A's
    i have done volunteering, shadowing etc
    In school I was head boy, school councillor, a youth councillor and a lot of other things so I was heavily involved in the school environment and Kings have stated that is desirable.

Looking at everyone who's posted on a kings college uni thread it seems academically and UKCAT score wise that my academics are not good at all - so do you think I should put down Kings is there any chance be honest - or should I put down St. Georges instead or neither?! I'm really stuck please help thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi - urgently need help!!
    Gcses; 4 A*'s and 5 A's
    In school I was head boy, school councillor, a youth councillor and a lot of other things so I was heavily involved in the school environment and Kings have stated that is desirable.

Looking at everyone who's posted on a kings college uni thread it seems academically and UKCAT score wise that my academics are not good at all - so do you think I should put down Kings is there any chance be honest - or should I put down St. Georges instead or neither?! I'm really stuck please help thanks
    Kings and St georges both look at UKCAT a lot especially kings so if i were you i would put either a bmat university or a university like sheffield that focus on personal statement or maybe keele as they look at volunteering and extra curriculars.

ReputationRep:
    Hi - urgently need help!! Narrowing these 3 choices down to 2!
    I already have on my list Sussex(BMAT) and Imperial ( BMAT)
    Gcses; 4 A*'s and 5 A's
    In school I was head boy, school councillor, a youth councillor and a lot of other things so I was heavily involved in the school environment

I personally would rate my personal statement as a 7-8/10 so thats why I am scared of applying to Bristol who weigh the personal statement 70%!
    If I put down Leeds that would be my 3rd BMAT choice and I don't think I will do above average in the BMAT so is it too risky putting down 3 bmat unis.

SO which 2 should I choose out of these 3!! I would really appreciate any help - thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    Kings and St georges both look at UKCAT a lot especially kings so if i were you i would put either a bmat university or a university like sheffield that focus on personal statement or maybe keele as they look at volunteering and extra curriculars.
    Hiya yeah I was considering Sheffield - but their cutoff this year for UKCAT is 1850 - which is the score I got so literally I'm on the borderline which is way tooooo risky!
    As for keele haven't done too much research on them - but I heard they cut the worst 20% ukcat scores out which I'm sure I am in
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya yeah I was considering Sheffield - but their cutoff this year for UKCAT is 1850 - which is the score I got so literally I'm on the borderline which is way tooooo risky!
    As for keele haven't done too much research on them - but I heard they cut the worst 20% ukcat scores out which I'm sure I am in
    Thanks
    so maybe look at a bmat university such as BSMS. good luck

ReputationRep:
    Edit// sorry about the unrelated comment, I swear I posted it on another thread!!! This has happened to me before. Either TSR is messing up or I'm going crazy lol

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.