Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend gone to uni but I'm in last year of a levels watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :/

ReputationRep:
    University is a new experience that is daunting when you separate from your other half. I'm in the same boat and what I found is that trust is the biggest thing that will see you through. If you can't trust him to go out and have fun with just his friends, then you will probably struggle a lot more later on.
    Also, going to freshers with new flatmates etc is important to settle in and make new friends. Or he will risk being lonely for the rest of the year.
    I can sense that you feel left out because you are still studying alevels. But see this as an opportunity to test your relationship.

. I've always got anxious about him going out clubbing from previous experiences - Previous boyfriend or has he cheated on you before or kissed other girls at clubbing etc? If he has then ask yourself if this guy is respecting you and the relationship you are in together. Might not want to hang around too long with guys like that, no offense.

ReputationRep:
    You need to trust him

ReputationRep:
    You're going to have to learn to let go and trust to fate. Nowt else for it. Have a serious talk if the lack of communication persists

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, being in first year and going out 3 times a week, every week is completely normal and the only year that he'll be able to as the work load will be the least. Its a new experience for him, and you asking him to go out less isn't a realistic compromise. If I were you I'd say go out as many times as you want but don't cheat (obvs), message me/call me when you can and visit me when you can.
    By saying, don't go out, you'll definitely be putting a strain on the relationship and this will more likely push him away.

ReputationRep:
    You will need to learn to trust him. It's a big change from being under your parents roof to having freedoms such as Uni offers. I can relate, I want to go to HAU in Shropshire (I live in Scotland) whilst my boyfriend of almost three years wants to join either the police or go to RGU in Aberdeen. I know it might seem as though he hasn't taken your feeling on board, but remember that he has more than you to worry about now. Try to make time on weekends or have a certain day each week/month where you spend it together.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.