Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a summer job, but it'll go to weekends only when the kids go back to school.
    However, as it's a job that's best suited to summer weather, I only want to work there during summer; I want a job that I can work all year round ie. retail. Before I was offered this job, I went job hunting in town and most places I wanted to work ie. Waterstones, Lush, The Body Shop etc told me to come back in September and when the uni students go away.
    When exactly is this and when should I start applying/looking again?

I really want to get somewhere that I really want to work as this will be more of a permanent thing; although only on either Saturdays/Sundays due to sixth form.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Students usually go back to university any time between mid and late September, though some start as late as October. The earliest start date I know of is 17th September, so I would suggest that you go back to the places you want to work sometime in late August or early September.

Good luck
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    start going back to the places around mid to late august so for example on the 20th of august.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I say start looking/applying at the end of August. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her-own-wings)
    I went job hunting in town and most places I wanted to work ie. Waterstones, Lush, The Body Shop etc told me to come back in September and when the uni students go away.
    When exactly is this and when should I start applying/looking again?
    Yeah, I work for waterstones and a lot of uni students leave in august / early september time to go off to uni. They also start recruiting for christmas temps in october, so any time in sept or oct is a good time to go back in again and ask

ReputationRep:
    all i can say is get in early - they tend to overlap a bit, while they get the new people trained up, so mid august is when i'd start again. if you miss that, or can't find anything, keep going - christmas temp season will start after that, and often you can find more permanent positions through that.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen vacancies and recruitment signs already, so I would suggest ASAP!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.