new medlock and park view Watch

ktie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
any one lived or going to be living in new medlock or park view accomidation this year ,would like to know your thoughts on them thanks in manchester
bonjovi22
Report 11 years ago
New Medlock House

Go to Unite website. The only down side I think are parking costs and internet. You need to sign up to uwant service internet. Park view - dont know anything, does not look half bad, see the website. Or read reviews here
KezMar
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ktie)
any one lived or going to be living in new medlock or park view accomidation this year ,would like to know your thoughts on them thanks in manchester
Don't know anything about those ones in particular, but my boyfriend lives in the UNITE accommodation in Liverpool, and they are really good, aside from ridiculously expensive parking (if any), and the fact that they charge you loads of money for the internet, and then cap your download limits, etc. So downloading music and films etc is really slow (boyfriends complaints - not my own) But generally the people are friendly, rent is cheap etc. Make sure that they dont get you with extra charges at the end of the year!!
bonjovi22
Report 11 years ago
Does he not like the Uwant broadband service they offer? What did he say about download usage? Allowance? I sure wont be using iTunes to update my iPod can you get LimeCable and other applications using uwant-broadband? Is the parking a weekly cost? I feel like I have missed a chunk in research for this hall.
KezMar
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by k77)
Does he not like the Uwant broadband service they offer? What did he say about download usage? Allowance? I sure wont be using iTunes to update my iPod can you get LimeCable and other applications using uwant-broadband? Is the parking a weekly cost? I feel like I have missed a chunk in research for this hall.
Hey, you won't be able to use things like limewire - max speed is 4k - which means half an hour per song at its fastest!, (if thats what you mean by limecable - a music downloading service??) He is using UWant, and he says it is alright for using email, msn, standard web browsing etc. but that your best off seeing if you can get the university wifi in your accommodation, because you can use that for free! Can't help on the parking i'm afraid because the unite in liverpool doesn't offer it at all! The download allowance is a couple of Gigabytes, not sure exactly how many! Hope it helps!
bonjovi22
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by KezMar)
Hey, you won't be able to use things like limewire - max speed is 4k - which means half an hour per song at its fastest!, (if thats what you mean by limecable - a music downloading service??) He is using UWant, and he says it is alright for using email, msn, standard web browsing etc. but that your best off seeing if you can get the university wifi in your accommodation, because you can use that for free! Can't help on the parking i'm afraid because the unite in liverpool doesn't offer it at all! The download allowance is a couple of Gigabytes, not sure exactly how many! Hope it helps!
Gosh, thankyou. I subscribed because I thought you might

It has helped but its **** that you do not get access to download software like limewire, torrents. Do you mean 400k - thats really something!

It does'nt matter anyway because I will have to use the library most of the year - again - I dislike our library ..its like a social thing to go there now? And I really rant when people expect body language out of you..

Thanks for reply. I will sign up to uwant anyway just in case that last minute deadline needs a quick pdf download:p:
SocialButterfly2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ktie)
hello hun, im in park view Block A..moved in a few days ago and its perfect for what i neeed. the internet is all included in the price..hav u decided where ur going yet?
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SocialButterfly2)
hello hun, im in park view Block A..moved in a few days ago and its perfect for what i neeed. the internet is all included in the price..hav u decided where ur going yet?
Hey I am in Park View also but block B.

Are ur flatmates already moved in?
SocialButterfly2
Report 9 years ago
ahh cool, ther was one asian gurl that was it, im not movin in till sunday tho so there myt b others there i dont kno xxxu got freshers tikets?
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
nah i never got my freshers packet either :O
aaron1867
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was going to go to Park View, but it's in the Moss Side district isn't it? It doesn't look half bad, but decided to go to Kilcardine Court.
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
I keep hearing anout Moss side is it really that bad?
leighj
Report 9 years ago
It's kinda next to Moss Side.... not atch in it.

It seems decent here at P.View
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
I'm at Park View now tho seems ok so far!
ADavis1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Same with medlock
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
i get the feeling people at Uni. of Man think they r better than people at MMU.
Whats that all about?

ps with the exception of people in flat 2,12,14 and 15 I have found a lot of Park View block A ppl stuck up and rude!!! (I went around knocking on doors on sunday and most were rude or ignored us, block A never really mix with blocks B-E, whereas blocks B-E all mix and go to parties with each other etc)
ADavis1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i changed my mind, medlock is proper poo.
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
lmao. that sucks cos I was considering going to New Medlock. Glad I didnt now :P
dmjar
Report 9 years ago
I was at park view last year. the flat is ok but the customer service is crap. in the end they deducted loads from our deposit to clean microwaves and stuff like that when we had cleaned it all.
kizzybear
Report 9 years ago
wow. i kno the service here sucks my mates flat has no hot water in the kitchen and she told them last weekend they sed they would come later that day and now a week later they havnt done anything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 15 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise