The Race To 1000! Watch

This discussion is closed.
CR3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
lol never mind the race to 1000! i have 4 gems!!! no1 else (i think) even had 3 yet!!

love Katy ***
i don' get it..i don't even have two yet and didn't u just get 3 gems like 2 days ago..

CR
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
i don' get it..i don't even have two yet and didn't u just get 3 gems like 2 days ago..

CR

yup! its because the negative reputations are usually given by low rep/low post people and my possitive reps are given by high rep/post people....so i would have to get bout 10 negative reps to equal the points scored by a possitive rep!

love Katy ***
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yup! its because the negative reputations are usually given by low rep/low post people and my possitive reps are given by high rep/post people....so i would have to get bout 10 negative reps to equal the points scored by a possitive rep!

love Katy ***
*confused* i understand that..so u only need 10 reps to get a new gem.....i thought u'd need more...now i understand..so nobody likes my posts...is that how it is...i'm in last place for rep...you guyz are so hurtful!!!*runs off crying*

CR
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
*confused* i understand that..so u only need 10 reps to get a new gem.....i thought u'd need more...now i understand..so nobody likes my posts...is that how it is...i'm in last place for rep...you guyz are so hurtful!!!*runs off crying*

CR

i've tried giving rep- but i cant sorrry!

love Katy ***
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've tried giving rep- but i cant sorrry!

love Katy ***
Darn, I was on 86 rep points before, and only needed a bit to get 2 gems, but the number hasn't increased yet, so I'll have to wait longer for (hopefully) 2 gems.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Darn, I was on 86 rep points before, and only needed a bit to get 2 gems, but the number hasn't increased yet, so I'll have to wait longer for (hopefully) 2 gems.
Ok I'm really confused about this rep thing - this is the way I have it in my head and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

-Anyone can give someone a good or bad rep - good adds points and is a green gem, bad minus's points and is a grey gem.

-If you have a high amount rep points, when you give someone else a rep, they get quite a lot of points. If someone with a low amount of rep points gives you a rep, you don't get many rep points. This works vise versa for negativereps and taking points away.

Is that right? I think we should have a sticky explaining it properly just to clarify it (also how many points are required for each new gem/status).

Also, if anyone would like to give me a good rep, then please feel free to do so - I only have 34 points...
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u hover about my gen. the green thingy. why is the last three letters in capital. is there any significance to it?
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bloodhound)
if u hover about my gen. the green thingy. why is the last three letters in capital. is there any significance to it?
........no
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ok phil i love u too

bh
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Ok I'm really confused about this rep thing - this is the way I have it in my head and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

-Anyone can give someone a good or bad rep - good adds points and is a green gem, bad minus's points and is a grey gem.

-If you have a high amount rep points, when you give someone else a rep, they get quite a lot of points. If someone with a low amount of rep points gives you a rep, you don't get many rep points. This works vise versa for negativereps and taking points away.

Is that right? I think we should have a sticky explaining it properly just to clarify it (also how many points are required for each new gem/status).

Also, if anyone would like to give me a good rep, then please feel free to do so - I only have 34 points...

nearly right.

a green gem is good
a red gem is bad
and a grey gem means the person who gave it hasnt got enough points to make it significant enough.

love katy ***
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
me want rep...*sniff* after all, I got negative red reputation for my post on what I got for AS levels!!! How cruel?!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
me want rep...*sniff* after all, I got negative red reputation for my post on what I got for AS levels!!! How cruel?!
Oh poor you! How many rep points do you have now? And echoing what Chicken said, anyonewho feels like giving me rep points, I'll be happy to accept.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've only given out 1 reputation today, but apparantly I've given out enough points in the last 24 hours.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about the number of green gems you have under your avatar? It dosn't seem to relate at all to the comments that go with them
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
What about the number of green gems you have under your avatar? It dosn't seem to relate at all to the comments that go with them
I have to admit I dont get that either, as I post on here loads, and help people loads, yet only have 1 (its sooo unfair)

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
if i give someone reputation it carries much more points than if someone who has 2 posts. it depends on the number of posts.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)

it goes up with the number of reputation points you have...but not at any certain nubmer...well not that i can tell anyway!

love Katy ***
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
if i give someone reputation it carries much more points than if someone who has 2 posts. it depends on the number of posts.
How do you give reputation, and what does it do?

Phil
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it goes up with the number of reputation points you have...but not at any certain nubmer...well not that i can tell anyway!

love Katy ***
mine says im "the jewel in the rough" is that suppoes to be a compliment???

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PHIL)
How do you give reputation, and what does it do?

Phil

you give reputations by clicking on the shouty guy at the bottom of each post.

and it does- um- makes the nubemr of gems on your avatar go up!!

love Katy ***
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads