I'm currently a QMUL student studying Economics but I want to change my course to Politics & IR. I've got offers from both QMUL and University of Sheffield to study Politics & IR however I'm not too sure as to which one I should go to.
I want to go to QMUL because:
- It's in London so it's close to Parliament and loads of other political organisations and there's loads of things to do in London
- Well known Politics professors like Tim Bale and Phil Cowley teach there
- I already go to QMUL so I know my way around and have some friends there
- QMUL's careers service is very good
- QMUL's student support is also very good
- Unistats shows that QMUL has a higher potential salary than Sheffield
I want to go to Sheffield because:
- It's only a 30min train ride from my home
- It's politics department has a good reputation
- It has lower living costs
- It's societies and clubs seem to be more active than QMUL
Can anybody help me decide which one I should go to?
If there's any Sheffield students, could you please tell me how good the careers and student support service is at Sheffield and how active the student societies are? Also does anyone know whether studying politics in London actually gives you an advantage over someone studying politics elsewhere?
Thanks for the help
What should I do?