Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

UKCAT Quantitative Reasoning difficulty?

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How difficult was the UKCAT QR section?
    Super Easy
    7.14%
    Easy
    50.00%
    Moderate
    21.43%
    Hard
    7.14%
    Very Hard
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    Guys how easy is the UKCAT QR section. As in do you have to be awesome at maths or...?

ReputationRep:
    It was so easy for me, literally just data loci (mean median mode) and percentage changes! Got 890 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    It was so easy for me, literally just data loci (mean median mode) and percentage changes! Got 890 btw
    Awesome!! Congratulations! Do mind me askin how well yu did in ur other sections? How hard are they? (Im struggling with VR) Also what resources did yu use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    Awesome!! Congratulations! Do mind me askin how well yu did in ur other sections? How hard are they? (Im struggling with VR) Also what resources did yu use?
    Thanks! I got 860 in AR and 690 in VR () VR was really hard used medify and official mocks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I got 860 in AR and 690 in VR () VR was really hard used medify and official mocks
    WOW!!! Thats a GREAT score!!! What's your technique for VR i keep gettin low 600's or high 500's on medify😳. What did ya get in the mocks that yu attempted?? And hows AR compared to medify??

ReputationRep:
    WOW!!! Thats a GREAT score!!! What's your technique for VR i keep gettin low 600's or high 500's on medify😳. What did ya get in the mocks that yu attempted?? And hows AR compared to medify??
    Don't worry about it, almost everyone improves from their mocks I just scanned for keywords. And AR was about the same as medify. I got 675-760 in my movks

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, almost everyone improves from their mocks I just scanned for keywords. And AR was about the same as medify. I got 675-760 in my movks
    Ah okay... Thank you so much 😎👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    Ah I have my UKCAT today and I'm most nervous about QR!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelscity)
    Ah I have my UKCAT today and I'm most nervous about QR!!!
    GOOD LUCK (if you still have to do it)
    HOPE YOU SMASHED IT (if you've done it)
    Mines this friday at 9:30
    Tbh i'm nervous but excited about it.
    Excited because im gunna hav got it out of the way and hopefully will remain excited after the test if i do good

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK (if you still have to do it)
    HOPE YOU SMASHED IT (if you've done it)
    Mines this friday at 9:30
    Tbh i'm nervous but excited about it.
    Excited because im gunna hav got it out of the way and hopefully will remain excited after the test if i do good
    THANK YOU (only just saw this!)
    I didn't do amazingly but honestly I'm sooooo happy its over! Probs won't be applying to med this year lol oops but I HOPE YOUR PRACTICE IS GOING GOOD- I CAN TELL YOU QR IS NO WHERE NEAR DIFFICULT AS ANY PRACTICE Qs!!! PRACTICE PERCENTAGES AND RATIOS LIKE BASIC GCSE STUFF AND YOU SHOULD BE ALL SET!!
    excited for you to have it over with- honestly the feeling is so good no matter how you end up doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelscity)
    THANK YOU (only just saw this!)
    I didn't do amazingly but honestly I'm sooooo happy its over! Probs won't be applying to med this year lol oops but I HOPE YOUR PRACTICE IS GOING GOOD- I CAN TELL YOU QR IS NO WHERE NEAR DIFFICULT AS ANY PRACTICE Qs!!! PRACTICE PERCENTAGES AND RATIOS LIKE BASIC GCSE STUFF AND YOU SHOULD BE ALL SET!!
    excited for you to have it over with- honestly the feeling is so good no matter how you end up doing
    Thank you soo soo much. Tbh i'm not even that nervous and my exams tomoro. Honestly tho your right... I cant wait to finish this horror of a test. Gunna be so relieved 👍🏿👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    Thank you soo soo much. Tbh i'm not even that nervous and my exams tomoro. Honestly tho your right... I cant wait to finish this horror of a test. Gunna be so relieved 👍🏿👍🏿
    Ahh yayyyy

ReputationRep:
    May I ask how much text is given in QR? From the official UKCAT website, their mocks seem to have a lot of words. Is that also the case for the real one?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.