Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everybody,

So I just wanted to make sure what age difference is acceptable. So Im 16 would it be ok to date with a 15 year old and etc?

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    Divide by two, add seven-
    16÷2+7=15, so yes that will be seen as PC

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    It's an all you can eat buffet once you're past 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    It's an all you can eat buffet once you're past 18
    I don't know. An 18 year difference is not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't have sex until they are 16, otherwise its awkward, legally speaking.

Someone had to say it.

ReputationRep:
    The answer is always half your age +7. So at 16, the youngest you can date is 15.

This doesn't really apply at higher ages, though. If you're 27 and want to date a 54 year old, go nuts. You're 27 - You can figure things out yourself.

ReputationRep:
    My parents have a 5 year gap, so yes 1 year gap will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZERØ)
    hi everybody,

So I just wanted to make sure what age difference is acceptable. So Im 16 would it be ok to date with a 15 year old and etc?

Thanks,
    I think age difference depends on the age proportions. A 5 year age gap between a 13 and 18 year old (72%) is a lot worse than a 5 year age gap between a 35 and 40 year old (89%)-it'd be like a 40 year old dating a 29 year old

ReputationRep:
    One year age difference seems like a lot when you're in school, since they might be in a lower year which is treated a lot differently than irl where you aren't divided like that as much in the workplace or in a bar, but yeah... 1 year is not bad at all, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    If it's legal then it's fine imo. The only time it gets sketchy is during teenage years. As stated above, "big" age gap is nothing when you're older as opposed to when you're young. My mom and dad are six years apart and met when my mom was 18, but if they'd met when my dad was 18 my mom would have been 12 (yikes).

Generally speaking if you're both above the age of 18 then you do you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.