The Student Room Group

EPQ Question Help ~ Law

Hey,

I'm currently trying to decide upon an EPQ question to work on, I know for sure that it'll be law based and have been thinking about something to do with the Romans/Roman law and how it's influenced the UK.

But with some research I haven't really found anything substantial to use for that question.

If anyone has any ideas regarding roman law and England or any law EPQ questions in general I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Chichaldo
Hey,

I'm currently trying to decide upon an EPQ question to work on, I know for sure that it'll be law based and have been thinking about something to do with the Romans/Roman law and how it's influenced the UK.

But with some research I haven't really found anything substantial to use for that question.

If anyone has any ideas regarding roman law and England or any law EPQ questions in general I'd really appreciate it.

I was going to do an EPQ in law (i still might :h:). I was going to discuss criminal and civil law and how they are more connected than people think. :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by BR1999
I was going to do an EPQ in law (i still might :h:). I was going to discuss criminal and civil law and how they are more connected than people think. :tongue:

Sounds interesting, would certainly leave you with a lot to talk about tbf
Reply 3
Sounds interesting, would certainly leave you with a lot to talk about tbf

I know i was learning about gross negligent manslaughter in law today and i noticed how linked civil law was because the legal principal ex turpi causa :biggrin:. Have you thought about looking at all the Latin behind the law? That could be something to discuss. :h:
Reply 4
Original post by BR1999
I know i was learning about gross negligent manslaughter in law today and i noticed how linked civil law was because the legal principal ex turpi causa :biggrin:. Have you thought about looking at all the Latin behind the law? That could be something to discuss. :h:

Yeah maybe, something along the lines of why we still use many of the terms today might be interesting.
Reply 5
Hey,

I did mine on the impact of modern day piracy. so looking at the laws surrounding the prosecution etc
Reply 6
Original post by Pugglet
I did mine on the impact of modern day piracy. so looking at the laws surrounding the prosecution etc

Globally? Laws in which countries? What were the main areas you spoke of regarding it as I do not really know much about the subject if you don't mind :smile:
Reply 7
Globally? Laws in which countries? What were the main areas you spoke of regarding it as I do not really know much about the subject if you don't mind :smile:

Yeah i mainly focussed on Nigerian, Malaysian and some Somalian Piracy with laws from how each country prosecutes- as it varies from 10yrs in jail to facing a firing squad. i looked at China Japan UK USA Marshall Islands Panama Germany Singapore Russia, and some others. I spoke about how piracy operates, the different types, how ships operate and how different laws apply under different circumstances- like where the ship is flagged or registered and what waters its in. I spoke about some case studies and potential solutions that are currently unfeasible and will be.
I can talk about this for hours ahah
Reply 8
Original post by Pugglet
Yeah i mainly focussed on Nigerian, Malaysian and some Somalian Piracy with laws from how each country prosecutes- as it varies from 10yrs in jail to facing a firing squad. i looked at China Japan UK USA Marshall Islands Panama Germany Singapore Russia, and some others. I spoke about how piracy operates, the different types, how ships operate and how different laws apply under different circumstances- like where the ship is flagged or registered and what waters its in. I spoke about some case studies and potential solutions that are currently unfeasible and will be.
I can talk about this for hours ahah

I can see aha, what grade did you achieve if you don't mind sharing? All looks super interesting ^^
Reply 9
I can see aha, what grade did you achieve if you don't mind sharing? All looks super interesting ^^

I got a A so i was happy
Reply 10
Original post by Pugglet
I got a A so i was happy

Nice! :P Will definitely look into the topic, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest