Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I re-submit my master's dissertation to earn the degree back? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I just learnt that I failed the summer dissertation so that I won't be able to get the degree. But is it possible for a taught master to re-write and re-submit a new dissertation for the degree? My friends in London and Amsterdam could do that. Please advise. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pash913)
    I just learnt that I failed the summer dissertation so that I won't be able to get the degree. But is it possible for a taught master to re-write and re-submit a new dissertation for the degree? My friends in London and Amsterdam could do that. Please advise. Thanks.

You need to speak to people at the university about this, not strangers on the internet. Speak to your supervisor about why you failed, and perhaps try contacting the Education Advocate (https://www.yourunion.net/support/ed...ationadvocate/) to find out whether you have any options.

ReputationRep:
    Read the university's academic regulations - they'll tell you what, if anything, your options are. It's irrelevant what other people at other universities do.

Do you know why you failed?

ReputationRep:
    As it turned out, the school did not allow for a re-submission of the dissertation since my failed mark still qualified for a postgraduate diploma. If my mark had failed below 7 out of 20, I would have had to re-sumbit for a pass/fail grade to decide if I would have been eligible for that PG diploma.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.