The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick offer holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Hamdi26
Hello! as u have several offers! is it possible to firm more than one offer? for someone waiting for a scholarship ? i mean he will go to the uni that offers him more financial support...

Hello. You are not allowed to firm more than one choice. Your firm choice is the university you are agreeing to attend if you meet their conditions. At most you can add another choice which will be an insurance choice. This will be the uni you will go to if you fail to meet the offer conditions of your firm. overall, you can only make one university your firm choice. Hope this helps
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by anujsr
Hello. You are not allowed to firm more than one choice. Your firm choice is the university you are agreeing to attend if you meet their conditions. At most you can add another choice which will be an insurance choice. This will be the uni you will go to if you fail to meet the offer conditions of your firm. overall, you can only make one university your firm choice. Hope this helps

Thank u! i think i have been missinformed ...i firmed the two offers from two uni ( warwick and Cranfield ) ! because i cant apply for scholarship without that....and without scholarship cant afford tuition fees... (insurance choice for two offers at the uni or different uni?? )
Reply 982
Original post by Hamdi26
Thank u! i think i have been missinformed ...i firmed the two offers from two uni ( warwick and Cranfield ) ! because i cant apply for scholarship without that....and without scholarship cant afford tuition fees... (insurance choice for two offers at the uni or different uni?? )

Insurance choice is at a different university (usually for safety if you end up missing your offer for your firm choice. It is usually recommended that the insurance choice has lower grade requirements than your firm choice).

You cannot firm two choices. In this case I would recommend you to check at which university you have a higher chance of getting a larger scholarship and make that your firm choice. Also if you have careers guidance counsellor at your school, you can ask them what to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anujsr
Insurance choice is at a different university (usually for safety if you end up missing your offer for your firm choice. It is usually recommended that the insurance choice has lower grade requirements than your firm choice).

For more info try looking at this website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/replying-your-ucas-undergraduate-offers

You cannot firm two choices. In this case I would recommend you to check at which university you have a higher chance of getting a larger scholarship and make that your firm choice. Also if you have careers guidance counsellor at your school, you can ask them what to do.

Thank you very much
Original post by Hamdi26
Thank you very much

Is it the same for Postgraduate studies?
Original post by Hamdi26
Is it the same for Postgraduate studies?

Look at this for Postgraduate courses

Accept: you want to accept the offer of a place. You can accept as many offers as you wish, but all your chosen universities can find out about any places you've accepted through UKPASS. To be fair to other applicants, when you've definitely decided which place to take up, inform the university. They will then change the status of your application to 'enrolled' to tell the other unis you won't be taking up any other places.
Decline: you do not want to take up the place.
Original post by LeapingLucy
I'm going on the 1st March for history.

I'm also going on the 1st of March for history:smile:
Original post by APickup
Is anyone going to the offer holders day on the 8th of March? I'm going for History

I'm going for Biochemistry that day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 988
Did anyone do online form to book interview through email link ? I did it and didnt get a confirmation email or anything, maybe it didnt save properly on the system ? ..... helpppp :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anujsr

Accept: you want to accept the offer of a place. You can accept as many offers as you wish, but all your chosen universities can find out about any places you've accepted through UKPASS. To be fair to other applicants, when you've definitely decided which place to take up, inform the university. They will then change the status of your application to 'enrolled' to tell the other unis you won't be taking up any other places.
Reply 990
Original post by Hamdi26

sorry about that. I was giving info based on undergraduates. I guess then you can accept multiple offers. Good luck!
I'm still waiting :///
Original post by Sinisterist
Hey, is anyone still waiting to hear from Warwick for law? 🤔

I have offers from Birmingham, Durham and Nottingham and I'm thinking of insuring Nottingham or Warwick (if I actually get an offer from them, that is 😕)

I'm still waiting and I've had all of my other offers back ://
Original post by JDogHizzle
I'm still waiting and I've had all of my other offers back ://

Oh where else did you apply?
Guess I'm not the only one then! Are you planning to firm/ insure Warwick if you receive an offer?
Original post by Sinisterist
Oh where else did you apply?
Guess I'm not the only one then! Are you planning to firm/ insure Warwick if you receive an offer?

I've also applied to Southampton, Reading, Aston, and Bournemouth. If Warwick comes back it will probably be between them and Southampton with Aston as my insurance! I'm glad I'm not the only one 😅
Still waiting for a reply from Warwick for PAIS (Politics and International Studies).
Sent my application on November 14th but other than a we're still considering email in December they have been radio silent!
I don't really want to but I'm considering withdrawing my application as my other universities have now opened up accommodation and I don't want to miss out on accommodation especially in the end if Warwick rejected me :/
If anyone got an offer could you tell me when you applied and what grades you're predicted.
Application sent 10th October.
Applied for politics and international relations.
I got AAAB at AS in Politics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths.
I'm predicted A*A*A* in Politics, Chemistry and Biology.
I received my offer on the 9th December.
When did you send your UCAS application: The end of September/ Early October
To which course did you apply: Management
AS and A level predicted: BBBDD (AS) AABB (A2)
When did you receive your offer: November time
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by willroberts98
Still waiting for a reply from Warwick for PAIS (Politics and International Studies).
Sent my application on November 14th but other than a we're still considering email in December they have been radio silent!
I don't really want to but I'm considering withdrawing my application as my other universities have now opened up accommodation and I don't want to miss out on accommodation especially in the end if Warwick rejected me :/
If anyone got an offer could you tell me when you applied and what grades you're predicted.

They only replied to me for PAIS yesterday, I was getting a bit impatient too, especially considering I missed out on the Half Term offer-holder days. I applied October so they really took their time, especially considering my others all got back before mid December.
anyone heard for ppe?

Quick Reply

Latest