The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick offer holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ablackburn
Hi All,

Any update on when accommodation applications will be opening?

Also, where are people applying to? I have absolutely no idea what I'll be doing.

Good luck with exams everybody!

They're already open!!

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/17/new
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by rugbygirl254
Does anyone know how competitive the Politics department is? I have an offer for AAA offer for PAISGSD. Are they strict? Say I miss out on one grade and get AAB

Very competitive, and very strict.
Original post by ablackburn
Hi All,

Any update on when accommodation applications will be opening?

Also, where are people applying to? I have absolutely no idea what I'll be doing.

Good luck with exams everybody!

They are already open!! I've applied to Lakeside, Heronbank, AV as my top three.
Anyone got any idea how strict the law school is with meeting conditions? I've got an offer for AAA.
Reply 1185
Original post by glebp
The grade requirements are strict. It's AAA or above. The A* sadly can't substitute the B. WBS is very over subscribed and many people here have A*AAA and above, despite it being a "business" course.

For things like CS, you can get away with it and other subjects. If applying for maths, they may put you on MathStat instead.

Only for Economics and WBS it's strict, other departments let you in or change you to another course within the same department, e.g Engineering.

Would you say A&F is more competitive/strict compared to other courses at WBS? I think I will get at best A*A*B. My offer is AAA :/
The Law admissions tutor told me AAB would likely be fine but still to aim for AAA. Hoping I can get through with AABB or ABBB lol
Original post by EmilyJ1215
Anyone got any idea how strict the law school is with meeting conditions? I've got an offer for AAA.
Hi! I got an offer to study Education Studies based on the fact that I get an ABB in my A-Levels. However, in my last two exams I've had severe panic attacks and my exam have been quite crappy as a result. What do you think the lowest grades they accept will be? I'm terrified that they won't accept me. I've worked so hard ugh.
Original post by tkhan98
The Law admissions tutor told me AAB would likely be fine but still to aim for AAA. Hoping I can get through with AABB or ABBB lol

Omg I'm feeling the same, history exams have me stressed I won't manage an A in history :frown:
Reply 1189
How strict are the Stats department with A*A*B for MORSE instead of A*AA?
any idea on how strict the maths dept are with A*A*B + 1,1 in STEP 1,2 instead of A*A*A+2 in any STEP.
Original post by glebp
Warwick's CS course is much more mathematical, challenging than the program at Kings. Hence, job prospects from Warwick increase when you pursue tech, or something heavily maths orientated like quantitative trading

Do you know of people that had a AAA offer for compsci and got in with AAB?
I applied for Politics, International Studies and Italian at Warwick, my offer is AAB, but I think I'll get A*BBB (I do 4 Alevels), do you think they would still accept me?
Original post by dididid
any idea on how strict the maths dept are with A*A*B + 1,1 in STEP 1,2 instead of A*A*A+2 in any STEP.

It depends on what the B is in - if the A* are in maths and further maths you should be fine
Original post by ninjass
It depends on what the B is in - if the A* are in maths and further maths you should be fine

yh the A*s would be in maths and further maths and the B in my 3rd subject ( business studies), although its looking more like a C now :/ but hopefully can pick it back up.
Original post by dididid
yh the A*s would be in maths and further maths and the B in my 3rd subject ( business studies), although its looking more like a C now :/ but hopefully can pick it back up.

If you get the 1 1 in STEP that will be looked at VERY VERY VERY favourably - the only scenario in which you wouldnt get in if everyone meets ther offer but they always have a few spaces left for near misses on results day
Original post by chartreux5
I applied for Politics, International Studies and Italian at Warwick, my offer is AAB, but I think I'll get A*BBB (I do 4 Alevels), do you think they would still accept me?

Maybe it depends on how many spaces they have left
Original post by ninjass
If you get the 1 1 in STEP that will be looked at VERY VERY VERY favourably - the only scenario in which you wouldnt get in if everyone meets ther offer but they always have a few spaces left for near misses on results day

thanks , giving me some hope provided I've done as well as i think i have in STEP lol . hopefully :smile:
How likely is it that Warwick would let me in to do PPE with AAA instead of A*AA??
Original post by user0411
How likely is it that Warwick would let me in to do PPE with AAA instead of A*AA??

Dude, I am in the same boat. Have an Economics offer and fear I may get a B in Maths :s.

Well they consider me considering they have given out AAB contexulaised offers?

Quick Reply

Latest