Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i need some advice desperately

I have decided to go back to university this year to study a course in design, however when i applied for student finance i got my entitlement letter no problem and when i asked when i would be paid they said it had been blocked as i need compelling evidence.

Basically in 2009 i went to uni to do nursing but had to drop out within the first year as i found out i was pregnant with my daughter. In 2012 i decided to go back to uni to do nursing again but yet again i had to drop out within the first year because my little girls father promised to help with childcare but let me down and didnt help at all so i had no option but to leave as i had no family to help me out and i am a single mum.

Student finance are now saying i need compelling evidence to say why i left uni in 2012, but i dont have any, how do i prove my little girls father let me down to pick her up from nursery whilst i was in uni??? I really need advice as i dont think its fair that im not granted finance for something which i couldn't do anything about. Any help much appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.