Turn on thread page Beta

Festival Wear... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sianey)
    Worth taking flip flops for just walking around the campsite, but dont wear them into the arena, because your feet WILL get trampled. I wear flip flops all day in the campsite just wandering around and washing dishes etc...
    Ooh yes I always forget this! I was planning on wearing pumps but I learnt my lesson on that one at the o2 wireless, feet get trampled. I'm going to live in wellies or if it's nice, trainers.

This year to Reading I'm taking less food, less clothes, more booze, and maybe a fancy dress costume. I can't waaaaaaait!

ReputationRep:
    I never seem to get through all my booze, so I'm gunna take the same amount of clothes as I always do, and maybe just a 75cl bottle of vodka, not a litre.

Right the list:

Obviously underwear, and at least 5 pairs of socks, inc hockey/football/ski socks!
    2 pairs of leggings
    Numerous pairs of tights (good to sleep in under tracky Bs if cold, and to protect against welly rash!)
    Flip flops
    A thick hoody
    A thin hoody/zippy/cardigan
    T shirts/vests for each day
    Tracky Bs for wearing in bed
    Skinny jeans (good for tucking into wellies!)
    Denim Skirt
    Denim/random short shorts for hot weather
    Bikini top (also helpful if trying to wash your hair under a tap..I'll meet you there on Saturday am!!)
    Some type of trainer (I'll be off to Primark to buy some cheap fake converse things)
    Sunglasses, and possibly a sunhat, although its likely to be taken off your head and chucked into the crowd...and I've never bothered!

Then:
    Antibacterial hand gel (a god send!!)
    Bin bags (to sit on, to put wet clothes in...many uses!)
    Small first aid kit...just things like Immodium (poorly cooked meat + **** toilets = not fun), parecetemol, plasters
    Baby wipes
    Spare gas canisters

Plus all camping stuff etc. Hope thats been of help! Dont forget your ticket!! (although mine hasnt come yet, damn it!)

I'm sooo excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sianey)
    I never seem to get through all my booze, so I'm gunna take the same amount of clothes as I always do, and maybe just a 75cl bottle of vodka, not a litre.

Right the list:

Obviously underwear, and at least 5 pairs of socks, inc hockey/football/ski socks!
    2 pairs of leggings
    Numerous pairs of tights (good to sleep in under tracky Bs if cold, and to protect against welly rash!)
    Flip flops
    A thick hoody
    A thin hoody/zippy/cardigan
    T shirts/vests for each day
    Tracky Bs for wearing in bed
    Skinny jeans (good for tucking into wellies!)
    Denim Skirt
    Denim/random short shorts for hot weather
    Bikini top (also helpful if trying to wash your hair under a tap..I'll meet you there on Saturday am!!)
    Some type of trainer (I'll be off to Primark to buy some cheap fake converse things)
    Sunglasses, and possibly a sunhat, although its likely to be taken off your head and chucked into the crowd...and I've never bothered!

Then:
    Antibacterial hand gel (a god send!!)
    Bin bags (to sit on, to put wet clothes in...many uses!)
    Small first aid kit...just things like Immodium (poorly cooked meat + **** toilets = not fun), parecetemol, plasters
    Baby wipes
    Spare gas canisters

Plus all camping stuff etc. Hope thats been of help! Dont forget your ticket!! (although mine hasnt come yet, damn it!)

I'm sooo excited!
    thankssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeppo)
    This year to Reading I'm taking less food, less clothes, more booze, and maybe a fancy dress costume. I can't waaaaaaait!
    This is pretty much what i learnt from reading last year. Take more money and alcohol, less food and clothes and make more of an effort to meet my tent neighbours. Can't wait for this year, only one full weekend to go!

ReputationRep:
    For those festival virgins... I wrote a guide for my Download Festival thread. Most of it will still be relevant to other festivals. Have a butchers, at: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...94&postcount=2

ReputationRep:
    can someone list places that are selling wellies atm? NB, I DONT want to spend over about £10, so dont list places like qube [dont really care about them being patterned =D ]

ReputationRep:
    i dunno anywhere that does wellies for less than 10 sorry strech to 12 and u could go to asda... actually we have plain green ones in for 10 or if you are up to size 6 you can have kids ones which r zebra print [short tho only above ankle[ for £8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    For those festival virgins... I wrote a guide for my Download Festival thread. Most of it will still be relevant to other festivals. Have a butchers, at: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...94&postcount=2
    read it thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emo*)
    read it thanks
    No worries. I hope it was useful.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I could get a cheap "kag in a bag"? The only ones Ive found are over £20!!

ReputationRep:
    ebbaay?

is that the same as a mack in a bag?

ReputationRep:
    ebay ones r still about £15 and u wont get it in time

ReputationRep:
    I think I might order off ebay, its not for a week and a half!!

ReputationRep:
    oh i thought u were going to V sorry

ReputationRep:
    Boots. Don't wear anything with heels or anything that you're really attached to. At Wacken I saw so many girls and guys wearing combat boots, and I wish I had followed suit. I was wearing 5 inch heeled leather boots. The only thing that saved me was the chunkiness and walkability of the heel. Otherwise, it would have been a disaster.

Bring a jumper or two in a bag, cause you'll need it at night. T-shirts are a must, long sleeved t's as well. Don't bring expensive jewelry or anything that you'd be really sad to part with.

ReputationRep:
    for all you chelmsford goers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1492

ReputationRep:
    stafford weather says - patchy cloud patchy rain and some sunny spells .
    hopefully we have a dry weekend

ReputationRep:
    sooo excited

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not liking the look of the weather at the moment

Do you think going down Friday night would be too late if you're camping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shell_xx)
    I'm really not liking the look of the weather at the moment

Do you think going down Friday night would be too late if you're camping?
    nah its ok but il be there from 10.30am lol ypou pay so much u may as well make the most of it !

and you will end up with a CRAP tent spot prob by the toilets or something . ewww

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.