Festival Wear... Watch

shell_xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ohh no, I don't want that! I can get there for about 3ish, I hope that's going to be ok...
x__Indigo_x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmm you should be ok that time , but from what i here alot of people arrive between 12-2 . but u wil get a spot dont worry
kimble123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
some people take too much. seriously you will not need it. my friend last year at leeds took loads with her and it only resulted in her complaining because her bag was too heavy walking to set up camp (trust me things are far away at leeds anyway) whats the point in taking flip flops for around the campsite, you are there to watch bands etc, flip flops seem unnecessary unless you want to use the showers or something which there is no need for, just use baby wipes and wash your hair at the taps.

you will only need either:
2 pairs of jeans/shorts/skirts (only 2 or 3 however you want to mix them up)
3/4 tops which can easily be rolled up into your bag
hoody for night
something to sleep in
a lightweight jacket/hoody/cardigan for the day/
underwear/socks
camping stuff and toiletries etc.
i know people say its best to have extra but you wont wear it, no one really cares at a festival so i wouldn't bother with giving yourself a back ache before its even started by walking to set up camp.
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kimble123)
some people take too much. seriously you will not need it. my friend last year at leeds took loads with her and it only resulted in her complaining because her bag was too heavy walking to set up camp (trust me things are far away at leeds anyway) whats the point in taking flip flops for around the campsite, you are there to watch bands etc, flip flops seem unnecessary unless you want to use the showers or something which there is no need for, just use baby wipes and wash your hair at the taps.

you will only need either:
2 pairs of jeans/shorts/skirts (only 2 or 3 however you want to mix them up)
3/4 tops which can easily be rolled up into your bag
hoody for night
something to sleep in
a lightweight jacket/hoody/cardigan for the day/
underwear/socks
camping stuff and toiletries etc.
i know people say its best to have extra but you wont wear it, no one realley cares at a festival so i wouldn't bother with giving yourself a back ache before its even started by walking to set up camp.
ta ive startd packing for v and i keep putting stuff in ''just incase'' grrr im stupid lol!
you havent out a coat tho what if its pouring down
and shoes/wellies
vodka< weighs alot lmao dam it
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't wait for Reading!!! I'm a bit worried because I don't think I'll fit in style wise, and I dread to think what my hair will look like after 5 nights, but apart from that I'm so excited
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by -x-Squiffy -x-)
I can't wait for Reading!!! I'm a bit worried because I don't think I'll fit in style wise, and I dread to think what my hair will look like after 5 nights, but apart from that I'm so excited
what do u mean you wont fit in style wise???
no one will care what you wear im sure,.. as long as your comfy and dry who cares

what is your style then?
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my packing list - tell me what i dont need please

sleeping mat and sleeping bag [ have to carry them cos they obv dont fit in the bag....god i wish i had a lift there not a dam train]

tickets
i.d
money!!!
baby wipes
make up
one black one white hot pant shorts
wellies
waterproof jacket
bobbles [ needed after not wahsing hair hahah]
vodka
4 vest tops
sun glasses
torch
glow braclets
towel
camera
phone
bush
deodrant
pj bottoms
long socks and tights
bin bags
underwear
hooded jacket -black so goes with everything
talc - for hair lol!!!
anti bacteria hand wash
plasters immodium paracetamol
toilet roll

be wearing - cardie ,jeans and comfyshoes to get down there

do i need an umbrella?
razor?- dont wnt hairy pits

what have i forgot ...
Dav'
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yea, to the dude that might be going friday night. Don't bother. Get there early!. Late friday night, is way to late. Im setting off at 8:30am and I only live 20mins away Hahahaha!.

Earlier you get there, set your tent up. The quicker you can sit and get the beers following. And laugh at all the noobs setting there tent up hahaha.

By the way, the above list seems fine to me.
Dont take your camera, if its a digital expensive one. You never know! Take disposables people!
Yea take a razor, only small aint it.

Umbrella? Nah.. don't bother. Hooded top, or hat will do the trick.

PS, what festival you going?
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i cant waitttttttt why are u getting there at 9 when it dont open till 10 ?
Dav'
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok, probably an exaderation on the 20mins. Hahaha. Probably take a good 45mins, then theres traffic. Be about 9:30/45 when we get there.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need to practice setting my tent up for Reading on Saturday.

I've never set a tent up in my life >.< Thank **** the guy I'm going with did D of E and has had SOME practice, haha. Oh dear.

I need to get some cheap clothes for Reading too. I live in jeans but don't fancy spending Reading in jeans. Heavyy and hot. =/ I need some lightweight combat trousers or something, 3/4 length preferably. Shopping time Thurs, I think! Got a bag, my wellies and a tent though already, thankfully. Haha.
Sianey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My Dad bought me a luuuush new tent, following the pop up tent trend that I started on a couple of years back, but this one is a monster!!

To the person who said dont bother with flip flops, I gotta say I find them really useful, like to go pee in the middle of the night, rather than bothering to find my wellies, or lace up trainers, and also for when washing stuff under the tap or washing my hair under it. And of course you're there for the music and so in the arena, but what about the mornings before the arena opens, and when cooking etc?
spiked_elf
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you sont want to go to the toilets in flip flops, trust me. i have a hard enough time knowing the parts of my skin has touched that foul stench and just think of all the poo particles in the air!!! id hate for my feet to catch god knows what from them!
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by spiked_elf)
you sont want to go to the toilets in flip flops, trust me. i have a hard enough time knowing the parts of my skin has touched that foul stench and just think of all the poo particles in the air!!! id hate for my feet to catch god knows what from them!
EColi foot :eek:
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I need to practice setting my tent up for Reading on Saturday.

I've never set a tent up in my life >.< Thank **** the guy I'm going with did D of E and has had SOME practice, haha. Oh dear.

I need to get some cheap clothes for Reading too. I live in jeans but don't fancy spending Reading in jeans. Heavyy and hot. =/ I need some lightweight combat trousers or something, 3/4 length preferably. Shopping time Thurs, I think! Got a bag, my wellies and a tent though already, thankfully. Haha.
My friends and I had a practice putting up tents the other day, we did quite well considering only one of us has been camping before!!

Get some cheap clothes from primark!
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just found a pac a mak type thing £12 a regatta one so it should be ok
12 is more than i wanted to pay but hey!!
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just checked the weather..apprently its gonna rain all weekend
gutted
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mikesev)
All you need is a can of beer and a scream of "Timmmah" or "Sparta!". Anything else is poncy.
is that still going?!
shell_xx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Emo*)
just checked the weather..apprently its gonna rain all weekend
gutted

Noooo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3664
glowstix
Report 11 years ago
First time to Reading this year.

Leg warmers, to keep my legs warm at night x__x
Should I really bother taking a razor for underarms? >_<
GAFFATAPE. To repair my cheap tent when someone rips it.
Those little bottles of shampoo and stuff they sell in Superdrug are a godsend. Lol.
Should I really get a cheap raincoaty thing? o_o
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.4%
No (461)
60.58%
Not really bothered about them (160)
21.02%

Watched Threads