Festival Wear... Watch

Sianey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Take a razor, you may end up not using it, but its not big is it! And yes on the rain coat!
glowstix
Report 11 years ago
I bought some wellies yesterday, the cheapest I could find x_X
So, Primark for some kind of raincoat?
I'm gonna need a bigger backpack -__-
xWishbonex
Report 11 years ago

...not flipflops...like i found out in the Saint Johns Ambulance Tent.
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hehe what was the cheapest wellies you could find ?
glowstix
Report 11 years ago
I got some patterened blue spotty ones from Shoe Zone. £10.
I didn't want to go for minging green >_>
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wore the same dress for 3 days solid at glade

If its predicted rain, I would recommend 1-2 light dresses (that will dry off quickly), an anorak (seriously - do not underestimate how horrible it would be to be damp for 3 days) and wellies. Obviously take more, but I wouldnt personally have any problems with wearing the same clothes the entire weekend :p: oh and the obvious jumpers etc...

Also, take some knee length socks that you can roll over the top of your wellies so that they dont rub - I've still got marks around my calfs from about a month ago its cool I just look like a dirty hippy haha.
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the same dress lol .. i would feel well sweaty n dirty but hey thats up to the individual.
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i have knee high socks lol to prevent the evil rub
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Emo*)
the same dress lol .. i would feel well sweaty n dirty but hey thats up to the individual.
Well feeling clean at a festival is not exactly a walk in the woods though is it.

To be honest I felt pretty clean wearing that dress - it was silk so super light and the mud didnt seem to stick to it which was pretty awesome! Still looked relatively clean by the end of the festival.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've just bought some wellies for Reading- they're pink and flowery from Shoe Zone. I dug mine out of the shed and they were mouldy so there's no way I'm wearing them!
Sianey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I got some sexy black and white patterned ones from Priceless Shoes, I've abandoned my yellow ones!!
ru88erduckee
Report 11 years ago
so after searching through the shops for decent wellies and a pac-a-mac, i've just checked the weather and it says 24c cloudy and sunny for next week!! obviously british weather is unpredictable but i was wondering just how comfortable wellies and knee high socks are in hot weather?! xx
glowstix
Report 11 years ago
Should be ok with some shorts xD
I'm planning on wearing leg warmers with my wellies to reduce rubbbb.
harmonyy.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If i wore jeans and wellies will i still get a rub burn?
Sianey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nah not really. I wore wellies pretty much all weekend the last 2 years, even when its been hot, and find that fairly comfy. Just purchased denim shorts for wellie wearing purposes!
stepheh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For anyone looking for a reaaaalllly cheap mac type thing;
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...2Bclothing.htm

not exactly trendy, but for 5 squid, who cares. wooop
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im really excited! Got my mac thing off ebay, it came yday and its massive!! I think im all sorted now. Im pretty excited, though a bit nervous about getting a good tent spot (Reading fest)! We're driving though, so getting there mega early. Hopefully may beat the train people!
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ru88erduckee)
so after searching through the shops for decent wellies and a pac-a-mac, i've just checked the weather and it says 24c cloudy and sunny for next week!! obviously british weather is unpredictable but i was wondering just how comfortable wellies and knee high socks are in hot weather?! xx
Surely just take a pair of normal shoes you don't mind getting slightly wrecked as well as the wellies? I really wouldnt wear wellies unless it was really necessary, they're not the most supportive of shoes... I've heard of quite a few people as well that got numb big toes due to wearing wellies.... slightly odd but at least a good 10 people on this other forum that I go on.
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just got back from V stafford... as you may have herd it bucketed down with rain from saturday midday till early hours of today,
wellies were esstential as were hoodys [ was freezing] and waterproofs
as well as shorts and tights for the ladies...they were a god send cos they dryed sooooooo quick and were still fashionable amd you could throw away the tights (y) so you stayed clean.

the weather report for leeds is sunny [ dammmm you people you are soooo lucky] but i never trust the weather man so i would take a light waterproof just incase and wellies lol

the mud at stafford was so deep trainers/ballet shoes would have be sunk haha
wellies all the way
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeh i think if it is warm and sunny wellies would not be nice, too stuffy
just a pair of comfy shoes would do the job
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed