Festival Wear... Watch

x__Indigo_x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sianey)
Take a razor, !
i took one and used it braved the showers on sunday morning [ they were O.k not great] but felt much better after it
jenna_is_ace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've got backstage passes this year so I need to look really hot incase I bump into Kings of Leon (only band I am pathetically fan-girl about).

I'm planning on wearing black skinny jeans, my brown kind or riding looking boots, grey jumper and black waistcoat. I'm hoping it doesn't rain and is muddy. Probably will though.
Dav'
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Make sure your wellies are comfy.
I had to stand in the same spot for like 5 hours, to be at the front for Foo Fighters, with wellies, this was not a good idea. :-(
Still. Had an amazing time. Manics, Foo's and Rodrigo Y Garbiela were amazing!
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
its meant to be sunny over the reading weekend in reading. Just most the campsites right now are boggy or underwater
scribble_girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wellies all the way, I wouldn't have survived this weekend without them... even if it is sunny :]
I just washed my hair.. best feeling in the universe.. washing the rain/drinking water/beer/wine/cider/piss/sweat concoction out of there was a relief :p:

And now I have to wash all my stuff for next weekend at Reading
One thing I have learnt: One big bag > a couple of smaller ones.
zillysteph
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Guys I need a mac - does anyone know anywhere on the high street that does them??? and not too expensive - i went into my local camping shop tofay - who would have thought a simple waterproof jacket by berghaus would be £80!!!
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by scribble_girl)
Wellies all the way, I wouldn't have survived this weekend without them... even if it is sunny :]
I just washed my hair.. best feeling in the universe.. washing the rain/drinking water/beer/wine/cider/piss/sweat concoction out of there was a relief :p:

And now I have to wash all my stuff for next weekend at Reading
One thing I have learnt: One big bag > a couple of smaller ones.
i stayed in my shower for ages today, the feeling of clean hair and shaved pits/arms is very nice after a long weekend lol

i cant belive your doing reading and v lol! i was ment to be but im not now, im so glad i think the lack of sleep would have killed me and the money for food would have killed my bank balance haha!

i take it you went to chelmsford ...lucky you got the best weather out of the two locations.
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
there was macs being sold at V for £5 [ for a short ladies ones] or £10 for long ones [ needed beleive me lol]
it was cheap for camping stuff therebut expensive for food.
£4.50 for a burger :O
scribble_girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Emo*)
i stayed in my shower for ages today, the feeling of clean hair and shaved pits/arms is very nice after a long weekend lol

i cant belive your doing reading and v lol! i was ment to be but im not now, im so glad i think the lack of sleep would have killed me and the money for food would have killed my bank balance haha!

i take it you went to chelmsford ...lucky you got the best weather out of the two locations.
I know, I may actually die I'm just recovering from the bruises and random aches of the last weekend... the worst bit being I'm working 9-5 on both Tuesday and Wednesday as well :/ Ahh well, pro plus is my friend!

The weather was worse at Weston Park?! Must have been horrific then, as it was chucking it down on the tent for a couple of nights - but the rainshowers were pretty refreshing during Killers/Kasabian/Foos :]
I think we got a better order too - Killers really was going out on a high!
But off topic... I should have worn wellies today walking back to the bus but I thought that it would make more sense to wear dry shoes so my feet would be warm for the journey. They didn't stay dry for long at all ... wellies rule :p:

Edit: Agreed on the food, a rip off... and yet, oh-so-necessary!
x__Indigo_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haha it was like glastenbury at stafford the mud was awfullll and the heavy-ness of teh rain was crazy lol. dam british weather.

god work as well, youl be shattered lol! but you will have an amazing time im sure
shell_xx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep, looking at the footage on C4 of Chelmsford, we definitely got the worst of the weather at Weston Park! It was horrific! But I coped a lot better than I thought actually... though that might have something to do with the bottle of vodka I smuggled in to the arena... :P

And the traffic.... I set off at 3, normally takes 1-1.5hrs to get there - it was 10 o'clock before we were actually in the field, desperately trying to find a spot for our tent in the pitch black!

I think my shower and my bed yesterday were the best feelings I have ever had! :P

I found that I packed waaaaay too much. I lived in shorts, 2 pairs of tights, socks, wellies, vest top, long sleeve top, fleece and waterproof. I'm normally very fussy about washing as well, but I didn't even bother washing my hair for the whole weekend - just felt like there was no point, given that a) most people looked like poo (aside from the trendies who had obviously spent a lot of time on getting ready!), and b) It was so wet that in 2 minutes you'd look like a drowned rat anyway. My wellies were my best friend for the weekend - make sure you get a comfy pair! Mine were Asda, £12.

And on the last day the side of our tent caved in a bit, and all my stuff (only my stuff!) got soaked, so I ended up having to wear my boyfriends tops and underwear! Nice :P

The things I've learnt - pack less clothes, less food, more beer, and only take one big bag - I regretted taking more so much!
scarystar
Report 11 years ago
Hiya,

im panicking now - Reading on thursday!!!!!! was wonderin shud i take my very warm, yet expensive jumper for them cold nights, or my cheap, but not very warm one ?
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by scarystar)
Hiya,

im panicking now - Reading on thursday!!!!!! was wonderin shud i take my very warm, yet expensive jumper for them cold nights, or my cheap, but not very warm one ?
Why not take 2 very inexpensive, not-so-warm ones?
Taking anything expensive to a festival is a recipe for disaster and disappointment.
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I havent started packing for Reading yet, I just dont know what clothes to take! I think I'll sort it all out tomorrow night... Deffo taking wellies and a mac, even if the weather does look nice!! Im going to take my big uni hoodie too, and shorts and tights. Im pretty excited though a bit nervous about camping!!
zillysteph
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by B_e_x)
I havent started packing for Reading yet, I just dont know what clothes to take! I think I'll sort it all out tomorrow night... Deffo taking wellies and a mac, even if the weather does look nice!! Im going to take my big uni hoodie too, and shorts and tights. Im pretty excited though a bit nervous about camping!!
wellies and a mac!!!

God am I annoyed, have just spent the last 3 hours trawling around Oxford St and the surrounding areas and apparantely these two items do not seem to exist.

I finally did find a pair of wellies in office only for the woman to tell me they didnt have any in size 6 and she wasnt sure any in the area had any in that size either. so i abandoned the wellies and thought i must be able to find a simple mac...3 hours later, i finally raised the white flag in defeat and trudged home empty handed
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh no! I got my mac off ebay for £5, and I have a pair of wellies from Asda (kids section!) and a pair from a cheapo shoe shop, like shoe zone! Maybe try there if you have time?? Good luck! X
hang_your_heart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try somewhere less fashiony! I live in the countryside and had no problem - a camping shop usually does plain, cheap macs. You can defo get Hunters from The Highlands on Regent Street.
broughy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
head to asda for wellies - was in there earlier, & they seemed to have loads!!
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Okay, just packed for Reading

I have:

Wellies
Old Uggs
Old Pumps
Lots of tops
3 hoodies
Mac
Shorts, 3/4 combats, denim skirt
Tights
Underwear + thick socks
PJs
Small bag
Toiletries
Other stuff - pro plus, parocetamol, cups etc etc
Bin Bags

Sleeping bag etc

I think I have everything! I seem to have loads in a massive bag... Though we are getting a lift there.
zillysteph
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by broughy)
head to asda for wellies - was in there earlier, & they seemed to have loads!!
went to asda last night - they had NONE!! i was so ****ed off!!!!

anyway, went into town earlier, picked up some nice sturdy ones from Millets - and also got myself a Mac finally!!!

Currently packing, off in a couple of hours - see those of you going to Reading there!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads