Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Can somebody please recommend a documentary to me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my postgrad degree and am bored when not applying to jobs. Documentaries are my favourite things to watch and I'm not sure where to begin. The last ones that I watched were:

Hell's Angel by Christopher Hitchens
    A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
    Reggie Yates' Extreme series

ReputationRep:
    Gangland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrIso)
    Gangland
    Seems graphic and intense. Is it so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Seems graphic and intense. Is it so?
    Well its quite graphic as it shows the real life of south London gangs and shows scenes such as someone concealing cocaine in his ********, I dont know if you will like it but it is fairly intense, so if you dont like that then you should probably not watch it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Blackfish

ReputationRep:
    Planet earth

ReputationRep:
    Watch Conspiracy theories by Jessie Ventura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Planet earth
    Seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrIso)
    Well its quite graphic as it shows the real life of south London gangs and shows scenes such as someone concealing cocaine in his ********, I dont know if you will like it but it is fairly intense, so if you dont like that then you should probably not watch it.
    Oh! Now that you describe it, I think I saw an episode of that on TV last week. It was pretty good, although watching the gang member concealing the drugs was quite a sickening sight. Will probably watch the rest, as I didn't see the verdict for his trial.

ReputationRep:
    Seen
    Fair enough.
    Brilliant show you have to admit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently watching nWo: The Revolution. Most likely not your sort of thing though tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Fair enough.
    Brilliant show you have to admit.
    It was gorgeous, yes.

ReputationRep:
    'The untold history of the united states', by Oliver Stone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I'm currently watching nWo: The Revolution. Most likely not your sort of thing though tbh :lol:
    I used to watch WWE back in secondary school but am not a fan anymore. Depends on what the documentary is about.

ReputationRep:
    I love watching Lion documentaries, they are really interesting

also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMuwE6fzAo

ReputationRep:
    Something by Adam Curtis perhaps?

maybe The Trap

ReputationRep:
    I used to watch WWE back in secondary school but am not a fan anymore. Depends on what the documentary is about.
    It's about the nWo, how it was created (the single most significant moment in wrestling history), past and current wrestler's thoughts on certain eras and generally how it changed the face of wrestling at the time. It also covers the thought process behind the unthinkable (at the time) turning Hulk Hogan heel (bad guy). Very interesting stuff if you were a fan back in the 90s or if you're just learning of them now and are interested in the history. I don't keep up with WWE really these days but I still enjoy watching the stuff I used to watch as a kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Something by Adam Curtis perhaps?

maybe The Trap
    He's talented, no doubt. Bitter Lake seems pretty good as well. I think I might try those first.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Now that you describe it, I think I saw an episode of that on TV last week. It was pretty good, although watching the gang member concealing the drugs was quite a sickening sight. Will probably watch the rest, as I didn't see the verdict for his trial.
    I havent finished it either, theres another episode on Thursady

ReputationRep:
    I was quite enthralled by the recent documentary on Scientology, 'Going Clear'; it's almost morbid seeing how such a huge and obvious cult can thrive within our society.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.