Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got my group interview tomorrow at John Lewis for a 'Stock Management Partner'. It's not in a London store, so how many can I expect to be competing against?

What can I expect? What's the dress code? What do they ask etc...

Any info helps!

It's a Christmas temp position, but I don't know if that will change the procedure.

ReputationRep:
    I also realise I posted this in the wrong section. Whoops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadSabre)
    I've got my group interview tomorrow at John Lewis for a 'Stock Management Partner'. It's not in a London store, so how many can I expect to be competing against?

What can I expect? What's the dress code? What do they ask etc...

Any info helps!

It's a Christmas temp position, but I don't know if that will change the procedure.
    When I went for a group assessment (albeit not for Christmas temp, but another position) they didn't even do a group interview. It was just me and the line manager and she just asked me general questions eg why do you wanna work here then did a sales assistant exercise about picking out items for customers

ReputationRep:
    i had mine in Edinburgh last week. was a group assessment where you had to agree on an order for a set of tasks in a situation, then an individual assessment with 3 questions asking what you would do in certain situations. there was about 20 of is and we were split into groups of 4-5. Guys were all wearing suits so dress code is smart.

Also even though you applied to work in the stockroom you can add preferences for other areas you would be interested in working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhuntley93)
    i had mine in Edinburgh last week. was a group assessment where you had to agree on an order for a set of tasks in a situation, then an individual assessment with 3 questions asking what you would do in certain situations. there was about 20 of is and we were split into groups of 4-5. Guys were all wearing suits so dress code is smart.

Also even though you applied to work in the stockroom you can add preferences for other areas you would be interested in working
    Yeah, I just got back from it and it was the exact same for me.

They said it would take 7-10 days to reply, have you heard back from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    i heard back the next day, said that there were no positions matching my availability but will get in touch if something comes up, which is bs as i said i was free 8am-6pm every day. this is what they originally said to my sister too, a couple of years ago, but she got a call a month or so later and was offered a job. effectively i am on a waiting list i think!
    -

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.