The Student Room Group

Are we really supposed to believe that Hillary is just suffering from pneumonia?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Etomidate
Well, I see and treat seizures on an almost daily basis, so I kind of do.

Yeh, right. How convenient that that is your job. What a load of BS.

If you knew a thing about seizures, you would be able to tell that this is a seizure. Sure, it's not a grand mal seizure, but it's a simple partial seizure of some sort (which can be caused by brain injuries). Given that she suffered from concussion in 2012 and had a bloodclot, it's not particularly surprising, especially for an elderly woman.
Reply 21
Original post by abc:)
I didn't even realise until today that she is 68 and Trump is 70 - like woaaah. Retire already.

I don't think she's seriously ill. Like others have said that video has no context. It looks to me like she's doing some kind of impersonation.

However the conspiracy theorist in me today did think - oh my god what if she's been poisoned by the opposition!

But no - really - chill out about this health thing it's a really dumb line of argument for the election.

[video="youtube;JeZXBTfy5Po"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZXBTfy5Po[/video]

Watch an unedited version and see what you think.
Original post by KingBradly
I don't really know how this falls under "conspiracy theory" territory. I mean, if you can watch a woman's head moving back and forth like a jackhammer and convince yourself that's just a perfectly normal expression, I'd say there probably isn't much help for you. It will be funny when you're proven wrong though.

"It will be funny when you're proven wrong" lmaoo your self righteousness and arrogance is rather entertaining. You're making yourself look like a fool. I assume you're also more qualified than a doctor to comment on this issue too?

Btw, the "head movements" is a seizure. It can come with pneumonia. Get over yourself. It's rather sad that your dramatizing this situation to compensate for your mundane life.
Even if there was something wrong with her, which this video in no way indicates, so what? FDR lead America through World War 2 when he had Polio and various other very serious maladies. He was elected 4 times for cryin out loud.
I don't really know how this falls under "conspiracy theory" territory. I mean, if you can watch a woman's head moving back and forth like a jackhammer and convince yourself that's just a perfectly normal expression, I'd say there probably isn't much help for you. It will be funny when you're proven wrong though.

I'm sure there are plenty of famous people you could "prove" are suffering from an illness if you look hard enough for footage. This is a very obvious case of people opposed to Clinton looking for any excuse to come up with an argument to damage her integrity. They've decided on this story and now any footage of her is going to be judged in the context of that narrative.
Last week i read that she would make up some illness to get out of the upcoming televised debates.
The first heated debate will be on Monday September 26 at Hofstra University on Long Island in New York.

Wow and guess what happened. The woman cannot debate, Trump will wipe the floor with her.

If you knew a thing about seizures, you would be able to tell that this is a seizure. Sure, it's not a grand mal seizure, but it's a simple partial seizure of some sort (which can be caused by brain injuries). Given that she suffered from concussion in 2012 and had a bloodclot, it's not particularly surprising, especially for an elderly woman.

A simple partial seizure that effects both hemispheres at the same time without any post-ictal symptoms and lasting only a few seconds with immediate onset and offset? Sure..

Even simple partial seizures last for longer than 5 seconds, will usually affect cognition pre and post event. Often you can see when they're coming on, with people looking a bit dazed or hyperventilating. They probably wouldn't be able to hold a sensible conversation before and after them. Coordinated head rolling is not something you see in seizure activity, let alone a partial seizure.

In addition, when you take the video within the greater context, you can see she's trying to pull a funny "overwhelmed" face at being asked multiple questions at the same time.
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;JeZXBTfy5Po"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZXBTfy5Po[/video]

I highly doubt that she had a "seizure" just as a group of people asked her questions at the same time.
Reply 28

I think she's making a joke about being bombarded with questions, because she was speaking to someone on her left and then received a question from her right. It's a bit of an awkward joke though, misjudged, took the reporters by surprise.
She's a Robot based on Margaret Thatcher. She glitched out.
Reply 30
Here's an unedited version of the video: [video="youtube;JeZXBTfy5Po"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZXBTfy5Po[/video]

When you believe that watching a woman very obviously having a seizure and concluding that she is probably pretty sick falls under "conspiracy theory" territory, you know your head is so far up your arse it's never going to be able to be pulled out again.

Let me know how you feel when it turns out I'm right.

How long have you been a doctor for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Aj12
How long have you been a doctor for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't need to be a doctor to know that this is a seizure, in the same way that you don't need to be a doctor to know that a bullet in the head is likely to kill you. You just have to be fooling yourself to think otherwise.
Reply 32
Original post by Fizzel
Its 100% the point. There comes a point where simple propaganda or policial position gives way to a state of utter delusion. Your post history is filled with posts about Muslims and Islam, Trump is anti Islam, you support Trump, therefore you oppose Hillary, you need to find a reason why she's unfit to run, hence illness. You cannot from the outset say don't take side, when the sole reason anyone is going to entertain the idea that the video presented contains an actual seizure is that they already have a position.

I don't support Trump, so your argument is completely invalid.

Concussion is unlikey to cause a seizure disorder. It's mostly severe traumatic brain injury that causes them.
Loads of people get concussions, but rarely if ever get a seizure disorder.
Original post by Crijjkal
What's going on right now is beyond our wildest imagination .. enjoy the ride

what do u even mean
That's not a seizure, bruh.

It's a jacksonian seizure.

Clinton is aware of what is happening, but she has no control. She asks the journalists to try the "chai" to brush it off.

She has serious medical issues.

It would be so nice if we could have a group of impartial doctors test her, not her personal doctor, not doctors with hidden pro-Trump or pro-Clinton agenda.
The doctors said that she has pneumonia. I think we can trust doctors more than anyone else on the issue of health.
Reply 37
A simple partial seizure that effects both hemispheres at the same time without any post-ictal symptoms and lasting only a few seconds with immediate onset and offset? Sure..

Even simple partial seizures last for longer than 5 seconds, will usually affect cognition pre and post event. Often you can see when they're coming on, with people looking a bit dazed or hyperventilating. They probably wouldn't be able to hold a sensible conversation before and after them. Coordinated head rolling is not something you see in seizure activity, let alone a partial seizure.

In addition, when you take the video within the greater context, you can see she's trying to pull a funny "overwhelmed" face at being asked multiple questions at the same time.

It's common to get seizures when one is being overwhelmed. Many kinds of of seizures can last just 5 seconds. Stop trying to pretend that you have a clue what you're talking about. A Jacksonian seizure typically causes no change in awareness or alertness.
Reply 38
Original post by Aj12
You'll understand my confusion in thinking you were a doctor as you are comfortable attempting a medical diagnosis from two minutes of video. I suppose I don't need to be a neurologist to tell you are mentally deficient, I just need your post content for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reported.
Original post by Trapz99
The doctors said that she has pneumonia. I think we can trust doctors more than anyone else on the issue of health.

Correction, doctors affiliated with the Clinton campaign have called it pneumonia.

Quick Reply

Latest