The Student Room Group

Are we really supposed to believe that Hillary is just suffering from pneumonia?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macromicro

I agree, but they're also looking for someone who doesn't need to be dragged into a car with no control over her limbs so it's understandable why this has become concerning.

Really? You know what all Americans are looking for? Stop confusing your own Trumpite paranoia with what ordinary Americans think.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Really? You know what all Americans are looking for? Stop confusing your own Trumpite paranoia with what ordinary Americans think.

Are you saying some Americans want a President who is dragged limp-limbed into a car? Go back and read my post instead of getting emotional and hurling insults.
I think she had brain freeze from the iced coffee.

[video="youtube;Hd4NH9jKNas"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd4NH9jKNas[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
I think she is a slightly awkward person and she was trying to do a kind of mock surprise thing that came off slightly weird-looking. You can tell when halfway through the head bobbing thing she kind of stops, laughs, then starts doing it again. It seems completely conscious.

It's like she was trying to go, "What the ****, all these lights and you're all talking at me at the same time". What is entirely clear to me from the debates she's done is that she is fine mentally, and that is what people elect a leader for. They're not looking at how many push-ups she can do, they're electing her on the basis of her experience and intelligence.

But to me, personally, it looks like she's having some kind of seizure. I mean look at her pupils; her eyes look almost completely black. And many people agree that her illness is not merely pneumonia https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/13/us-voters-doubt-clintons-pneumonia-explanation-for-911-collapse-poll-shows?. I don't even want Trump to win, I just think it's something that is worth being concerned about. And who knows, maybe a better democratic candidate will replace her if she is too ill.
Original post by Etomidate
Maybe in your illuminaty confirmed world, but that's still not a seizure, boyo.

Original post by KingBradly
But to me, personally, it looks like she's having some kind of seizure. I mean look at her pupils; her eyes look almost completely black. And many people agree that her illness is not merely pneumonia

Many people are idiots, and are not her physician and so don't really have a clue. Her debate performance is the best measure for her mental state; from that it is very clear her mental state is good.

And who knows, maybe a better democratic candidate will replace her if she is too ill.

That's not going to happen. I know Sanderites and those who hate Clinton want that to happen, but it won't. As far as I know it has no precedent in American political history and it would involve calling a new democratic convention. That's impossible at this point.

It's very clear that her mind is in fine form and that's all that matters. In the 1190s the Venetians elected a doge who was in his 80s and blind. Ten years later, when he was in his early 90s, he led the Venetian fleet into battle. FDR was completely debilitated with polio, and JFK with Addison's disease.

It seems to me that the people who are claiming to be concerned about this have a particular agenda (I mean, the title of the video you posted claims she has been possessed by a demon ffs). I don't think it's a seizure, during a seizure someone usually can't remain standing. Also, there are many people who have a kind of nervous disorder which means they get quite startled by loud noises and so on. If that's the case I don't think she has any obligation to tell the public, it doesn't affect her judgment.

To me this whole thing falls into the completely irrational hatred of Clinton, most people don't even know why they hate her, they've just been told to hate her and they do.
It seems to me that the people who are claiming to be concerned about this have a particular agenda (I mean, the title of the video you posted claims she has been possessed by a demon ffs). I don't think it's a seizure, during a seizure someone usually can't remain standing. Also, there are many people who have a kind of nervous disorder which means they get quite startled by loud noises and so on. If that's the case I don't think she has any obligation to tell the public, it doesn't affect her judgment.

Thanks Dr. AlexanderHam.

It's okay to give an online medical judgement... so long as it's in favour of Hillary. Anything else must be conspiratorial and motivated by political agenda. And fingers crossed it's just a "nervous disorder", that's exactly what the most powerful country in the world needs as their President - a job which revolves around public speaking, high-stress situations, and perhaps even, God forbid, loud noises.

I'm anti-Trump but your hypocritical bias really is an insult to objective analysis.
Original post by macromicro
Thanks Dr. AlexanderHam.

It's okay to give an online medical judgement

I'm not making any medical judgment, I'm pointing out the glaring flaws in these claims.

If you cannot physically examine her, you cannot make a diagnosis. As you cannot make a diagnosis, you have no proof and your paranoid claims can be dismissed

I'm anti-Trump but your hypocritical bias really is an insult to objective analysis.

You only think you're anti-Trump. In reality you come from the same conspiracy mindset that produces the Corbynites, many Sanderites and basically all people around the world who are gullible enough to fall for demagogic populism.
I'm not making any medical judgment, I'm pointing out the glaring flaws in these claims.

No, you made positive claims of your own.

You only think you're anti-Trump. In reality you come from the same conspiracy mindset that produces the Corbynites, many Sanderites and basically all people around the world who are gullible enough to fall for demagogic populism.

So you're a psychologist now too?

Quick Reply

Latest