Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where's the breast obsession stem from? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If we can see breasts as the wonderful means God created to feed and comfort babies, then the obsessions about them can disappear; men don't have to think that breast appearance somehow counts the most, and women don't have to obsessively worry about the size and shape of their breasts.What about women who do not want to or cannot have children? How should they view their breasts?

ReputationRep:
    Very few men think "breast appearance counts the most" so not sure what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    You woke up at 4am to post this or are you in a in a different time zone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freaky.certified)
    What about women who do not want to or cannot have children? How should they view their breasts?
    As breasts, what else should they view them as? :holmes: dont know where this is all going OP....

ReputationRep:
    The only problem I see here is that the font has changed in the OP...

ReputationRep:
    It's a western view that has historically sexualised breasts, though only in recent decades has that come against the norms of breastfeeding (even in the Victorian era, women breastfed in public without challenge). It's not something that can be changed overnight and it's so deep within our society I'd go so far as to say it might not be something that can be changed at all.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what I said in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    breast appearance somehow counts the most,
    That's pretty much a myth, normally perpetuated by insecure straight women as far as I can tell by anecdotal evidence.

I have no idea what I said in the thread.
    are you ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    That's pretty much a myth, normally perpetuated by insecure straight women as far as I can tell by anecdotal evidence.

are you ok
    I don't know, I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I doubt it.
    um

I hope you get okay soon

ReputationRep:
    Google it. There are several explanations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    You woke up at 4am to post this or are you in a in a different time zone?
    Life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neriene)
    It's a western view that has historically sexualised breasts, though only in recent decades has that come against the norms of breastfeeding (even in the Victorian era, women breastfed in public without challenge). It's not something that can be changed overnight and it's so deep within our society I'd go so far as to say it might not be something that can be changed at all.
    Oh, nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    um

I hope you get okay soon
    That time of the night, YGM!?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.