Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a sort of diagnostic test at the start of my uni course and as Ive been working I didnt have much time to go over everything over the summer and now I am really worried as I have forgotten a lot. Im scared I am going to get kicked out for some reason even though I have moved in just yesterday

ReputationRep:
    All you can do is get down to some serious revision cramming and hope that it reignites memory of what you covered previously.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    All you can do is get down to some serious revision cramming and hope that it reignites memory of what you covered previously.

Good luck!
    Do you think there is a chance of me being kicked off the course given I moved in to accomodation yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    is this a maths one by chance? I've not long had to do a maths one (I'm on a computing course but I've heard it being applied to other courses like engineering) it was to evaluate where people are at in terms of skill level because of people coming from different backgrounds and trying to get people up to a set standard.

I was stupidly worried about it because I'm 24, I haven't done A level Maths and got my GCSE 8 years ago. I did okay but there were some questions on there which were A level standard and was incredibly daunting especially when one was the first question. If you have an option of a practice test first my advice is to take it. it'll help get you in the right mindset and refresh your memory a bit as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John323)
    Do you think there is a chance of me being kicked off the course given I moved in to accomodation yesterday?
    Relax it's pretty common I'm assuming your doing a STEM course it's just to see where you are with your math so your lessons are focused on the right things you it has no bearing on your marks or any thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's usually just to determine if you should get priority for extra support with maths, if it was to decide whether you should be let into the course or not they would've asked you to do it before giving you an offer

ReputationRep:
    oh god I'm off to start a maths degree ... do you think ill get a diagnostics test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    oh god I'm off to start a maths degree ... do you think ill get a diagnostics test
    I don't know but I am curious haha. It seems like one of those silly things that might happen you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattdinio)
    I don't know but I am curious haha. It seems like one of those silly things that might happen you know?
    Lol I'm scared now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.