VincentBounty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,I have a difficult choice to make for my 4th A Level. I have no idea whether to choose German or Drama. My other choices are Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I enjoy Drama more but I think German will be more useful?Also, I do Drama outside of school and I've read some books on it but also I am already fluent (ish) in German because I was born in Germany. If I could do both of them, I wouldn't hesitate. I feel like I'm throwing away a free A or A* in German.What should I do?
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VincentBounty)
Hello,I have a difficult choice to make for my 4th A Level. I have no idea whether to choose German or Drama. My other choices are Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
Those are good choices!

I enjoy Drama more but I think German will be more useful?
Well there you go, that's your answer. Drama it is.

Also, I do Drama outside of school and I've read some books on it but also I am already fluent (ish) in German because I was born in Germany. If I could do both of them, I wouldn't hesitate. I feel like I'm throwing away a free A or A* in German.What should I do?
Both subjects are irrelevant compared to your other 3, so it's not going to be of any use to you - might as well take the one that'll prove the most interesting to you, not which one will get you a better grade, because the grade really isn't going to matter that much given that it's an extra AS-Level that is of little/no relevance to your (assumed science-y/medical-y course choice).
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If I was in your situation I would look at it like this. Think how your choice will affect the other subjects. Drama probably means more reading while you are already proficient in German so revision time will be less. Perhaps you could pick German and then focus more on the other subjects, since as you said getting A or A* would be easy for you.

My advice is to not get complacent and not to take your other subjects lightly.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VincentBounty)
Hello,I have a difficult choice to make for my 4th A Level. I have no idea whether to choose German or Drama. My other choices are Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I enjoy Drama more but I think German will be more useful?Also, I do Drama outside of school and I've read some books on it but also I am already fluent (ish) in German because I was born in Germany. If I could do both of them, I wouldn't hesitate. I feel like I'm throwing away a free A or A* in German.What should I do?
I'd do German. A language always looks good. And like you say, you will get a good grade in it. And like you say, you do drama outside of school.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
German. It has a chance of being useful in later life, plus you're at a good standard already.
trythis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're close to fluent in German I wouldn't recommend taking it for A-Level. Do Drama instead.
lostintrnslation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
German.
georgetgonzales
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The canon of German expressionistdramatic literature is ready for reexamination.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads