I am planning to study Bsc accounting and management at queen mary university of london and get a 1st/2:1.
I have narrowed down my career options to the following:
- management consulting
- operations division in investment banks (I do not want to work the long hours of front office!)
- HR - preferably in an investment bank or top company
- wealth management in an investment bank
- investment management/asset management - I don't know much about this industry but would love to hear your guidance on this!
- from what i have read hedge funds/private equity would be out of reach for me as you can only really get in after being in front office at an investment bank is this correct?
Please could you rank all of these in terms of long term highest salary and how long it would take to get to the top of the profession?
Please can anyone give me advice on which would be the best for long term career progression, which will get me the highest salary long term, which is the best in terms of work life balance, starting salary after graduation and basically any advice and info regarding these sectors would be much appreciated thanks!
And actually passed?