The Student Room Group

Don't Choose Sek Castillo Madrid

Hi,

I decided to go to Madrid for my gap year, what a mistake that was. When I first applied nothing was too much trouble, everything was sold to me and it sounded great. Don't get me wrong I love the school but don't be fooled all is not what it seems.

As soon as I arrived that was it, I was on my own, the company who sell this just don't want to know you as soon as you arrive there.

The organisation is diabolical, you cant get in touch with anybody. Then When I was trying to get my form filled out over there for my september payment I could not get hold of the woman and eventually when I had done what I needed to do the day before it had got to be in for the deadline, all that was needed was a signature and then it emailed it back to me I was told that it would not be done before the deadline as I was at the bottom of the queue because they were busy. So basically I will have to wait another month now for my money, it's a good job I wasn't relying on it and nobody cared any way I could have been stuck in a foreign country with no money.

I was also not told how far out we would be and basically you are in the middle of a forest with nothing around you, you cant walk anywhere because it's all motorways.

So for this reason I am warning you to look before you consider this place. I wish I would have known how bad the organisation was before I arrived, so I hope this helps, I know Madrid sounds great and it is but I would definitely look for another company as everything is for show to lure you there and then when they've got you and your there they dont want to know you. So please take care when deciding.

Quick Reply

Latest