Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it hard to get get high grades in ict btec and also are a levels much better
    When I was getting enrolled I didn't even wanna do btec but because I didn't get a grade b I had to do it but I'm presuming a levels are much better obviously

ReputationRep:
    It depends is you BTEC the extended worth 3 a levels?

Also they can be very good and Cardiff take BTEC and their top 20 compsci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    It depends is you BTEC the extended worth 3 a levels?

Also they can be very good and Cardiff take BTEC and their top 20 compsci
    It's extended diploma level 3 obviously a levels are much better I wanted to do them but I didn't get a grade b. I wanna try and get distinction in all my units but all the best uni won't take that most likely as btec sounds like it's for people who weren't smart enough to do a levels

ReputationRep:
    I did BTEC science l3 and got 3xD* and got a place at university of Hertfordshire for optometry. I know its a different course but it really depends on the uni.

ReputationRep:
    I got D*D*D* and Cardiff which is top 20 for computer science offered me a place however I declined their offer

ReputationRep:
    I did all btecs as my A levels and I got offers from all of my choices. Plus with btecs you are guaranteed the grade that you will get. Plus try checking university entry requirements on the course you would like to do. I did btec ICT as one of my A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roheen Nawaz)
    I did BTEC science l3 and got 3xD* and got a place at university of Hertfordshire for optometry. I know its a different course but it really depends on the uni.
    As I stated Cardiff is 22 they slipped from 19th and they take BTEC

Name:  image.png
Views: 133
Size:  257.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westhamfan40)
    It's extended diploma level 3 obviously a levels are much better I wanted to do them but I didn't get a grade b. I wanna try and get distinction in all my units but all the best uni won't take that most likely as btec sounds like it's for people who weren't smart enough to do a levels
    Seen you post this twice and you're incorrect, they are both the same level.

Look at these stats;

No degree but in professional or managerial or professional job:
    BTEC: 49%
    A Level: 41%

Graduate Employment *:
    BTEC: 80%
    A Level: 74%

Studied Engineering, Computing or Business / Finance (High earning sectors):
    BTEC: 56.1%
    A Level: 26.8%

Likeliness of achieving a First Class degree:
    BTEC: 12.2%
    A Level: 11.4%

*"Across all regions, BTEC graduates in skilled trade occupations earn more."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)

Look at these stats;

Graduate Employment *:

It just that I thought a levels mean more as you need better grades to get in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)

Look at these stats;

Graduate Employment *:

I don't think that those statistics prove that BTECs are better or worse than A levels because all of these statistics could have been affected by so many other factors. The only statistic that I wouldn't ignore is the first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westhamfan40)
    Is it hard to get get high grades in ict btec and also are a levels much better
    When I was getting enrolled I didn't even wanna do btec but because I didn't get a grade b I had to do it but I'm presuming a levels are much better obviously
    BTEC IT is easy as ****. Just do your work and you'll be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.