The Student Room Group

Reputation of uni importance for masters? Leeds v Salford

As a seasoned TSR user, I have been whipped into thinking reputation is everything.

Now I am looking at applying for a masters course (transport planning) and I would save a hell of a lot of money going to Salford over Leeds. I want to know if this would be a bad decision.

My undergrad was a redbrick Russell group if that makes any difference. *

If I would be at a huge advantage going to Leeds then I'd be willing to spend the extra money.*
Original post by Airfairy
As a seasoned TSR user, I have been whipped into thinking reputation is everything.

Now I am looking at applying for a masters course (transport planning) and I would save a hell of a lot of money going to Salford over Leeds. I want to know if this would be a bad decision.

My undergrad was a redbrick Russell group if that makes any difference. *

If I would be at a huge advantage going to Leeds then I'd be willing to spend the extra money.*

Take a look at the employment data and see if there is a difference in the calibre and quality of roles their graduates go on to. SImilarly look at some sector publications and see if there seems to be any difference in employment patterns in the industry. Maybe contact people via Linkedin or similar and see if they have any advice from inside the industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending