hyperpigmentation?!

Hi

I have hyperpigmentation on the chin and upper lip. It looks strange and grey when i put foundation on. Are there any creams or face washes anyone has tried which work? I've read about meladerm which has good reviews but theres also reviews saying its a scam and doesn't work. Confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi

I have hyperpigmentation on the chin and upper lip. It looks strange and grey when i put foundation on. Are there any creams or face washes anyone has tried which work? I've read about meladerm which has good reviews but theres also reviews saying its a scam and doesn't work. Confused!
    What works for me is putting on primer then press powder then foundation on the pigmented area, then do the rest of your face

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by fazza6200)
    What works for me is putting on primer then press powder then foundation on the pigmented area, then do the rest of your face

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which primer do you use?

I'd like a permanent solution too

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have the same problem try using a colour corrector on the pigmentation. What i do is use a beauty blender drop 3 drops of oil on it and then blend in the colour corrector, then apply concealer on top, then foundation and add loose powder to set it all down. Plus there are many videos on you tube about applying makeup to pigmented areas

ReputationRep:
    Which primer do you use?

I'd like a permanent solution too
    The primer that I use is Becca Backlight Priming Perfector and it costs £32 I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bump

ihatePE sorry for random tag. I saw you mention somewhere you used a soap for pigmentation dont remember what. What was it? I apologise if I've got the wrong person.

ReputationRep:
    ihatePE sorry for random tag. I saw you mention somewhere you used a soap for pigmentation dont remember what. What was it? I apologise if I've got the wrong person.
    it's kojic acid soap, made from rice. all natural and stuff and works well to lighten skin and remove pigmentations as said from the black community
    i still use it and because i dont use it on my neck as consistently as i do with my face cos im lazy, i can see the results and it does work for me

(Original post by ihatePE)
    it's kojic acid soap, made from rice. all natural and stuff and works well to lighten skin and remove pigmentations as said from the black community
    i still use it and because i dont use it on my neck as consistently as i do with my face cos im lazy, i can see the results and it does work for me
    Thank you. Wanted to use something someone has actually used rather than random reviews. Could you send me the link from where you purchase it from? Or an image of what it looks like so I know I'm purchasing the correct one! How long did you use it till you got results?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Wanted to use something someone has actually used rather than random reviews. Could you send me the link from where you purchase it from? Or an image of what it looks like so I know I'm purchasing the correct one! How long did you use it till you got results?
    kojie san soap on amazon
    dont just take my review, read the other ones too, some reviewers leave their skin type info, that could match yours.
    i used it every other night for the first two weeks and noticed that it worked for my scars, some scars faded really well, some are still stubborn. after that 2 weeks i used it less frequently, like twice a week just to cleanse my face and make it more clean.

if you're planning on using it on your body, cut it up into 4 rectangles and store it in a jar otherwise the soap will be gone by the end of the month, if you're using it on your face just use as it is

remember it stings and is quite strong. on your first use, lather it on your face and leave it on for 30seconds. after your 5th use, only then will ur skin be more used to it and u can leave it on for 1-2 minutes

(Original post by ihatePE)
    kojie san soap on amazon
    dont just take my review, read the other ones too, some reviewers leave their skin type info, that could match yours.
    i used it every other night for the first two weeks and noticed that it worked for my scars, some scars faded really well, some are still stubborn. after that 2 weeks i used it less frequently, like twice a week just to cleanse my face and make it more clean.

if you're planning on using it on your body, cut it up into 4 rectangles and store it in a jar otherwise the soap will be gone by the end of the month, if you're using it on your face just use as it is

remember it stings and is quite strong. on your first use, lather it on your face and leave it on for 30seconds. after your 5th use, only then will ur skin be more used to it and u can leave it on for 1-2 minutes
    Thanks. I've received mine. Does yours have the name imprinted on the soap? Mine doesn't but I read online that some people did. Also read it smells citrusy, mine sort of does but it also leaves behind an after-smell, like a bitter or burnt smell. Please tell me yours does too?! Also doesn't really sting. Hope its not fake

ReputationRep:
    omg, everyone with this problem or other skin problems please watch this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTdePu1cTGU

great prices for students like me who are on a tight budget

i've literally ordered everything he said from this site, the alpha arbutin 2% is the stuff you need for hyperpigmentation :

https://www.victoriahealth.com/brand/The-Ordinary/1053

btw this is not a plug haha ... i just want to let everyone know that there is good skin care available that doesnt cost a fortune

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I've received mine. Does yours have the name imprinted on the soap? Mine doesn't but I read online that some people did. Also read it smells citrusy, mine sort of does but it also leaves behind an after-smell, like a bitter or burnt smell. Please tell me yours does too?! Also doesn't really sting. Hope its not fake
    mine didn't have the name on it, and it does have this burnt smell afterwards, make sure to dry your face and moisturise after. some people skin are more sensitive than others, if you want the stinging cos you feel like that is an indication of it working, leave it on for 1-2 minutes and massage around. good luck.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.