Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Official Theory Test Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a theory test thread since there are alot of people who need help on this, I know I do. If we could use this thread to help each other then that would be great.

A few links that are quite helpful:

These site have hazard perception clips free & not free
    http://www.passyourtheory.co.uk/index.php
    http://theorytest.co.uk
    Tells you everything you need to know about the new Theory Test
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...Test/index.htm
    http://www.passyourtheory.co.uk/aboutthetest.php -
    http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/car_news...mentid=5998418
    Book your test online
    https://pt.dsa.gov.uk/tests/tests_E/...ex.asp?test=tt

ah this is a good idea:congrats: I've passed my theory so if anyone wants any help feel free to ask me :wavey: through this or PM :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question....

what's the fascination with towing a frigging trailer!? I couldn't care less if a trailer started snaking. It's not like I'll be towing anything in the next 10 years arrrrgh. *Unnecessary frustration about seemingly unnecessary questions*

Oh, and frigging tread depth!? I'll just get my dad to sort it out haha.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've got a question....

what's the fascination with towing a frigging trailer!? I couldn't care less if a trailer started snaking. It's not like I'll be towing anything in the next 10 years arrrrgh. *Unnecessary frustration about seemingly unnecessary questions*

Oh, and frigging tread depth!? I'll just get my dad to sort it out haha.
    lol, i kept getting questions about trams in my test. Anyway i think the tread depth for a tyres is 1.6mm minimum and if it wears below that you have to get your tyres changed because if it wears below 1.3mm it's dangerous to drive.

none of thse questions came up on my test they seemed really pointless though tbh no offence to people who tow trailers. Just I would never need to really, be too scared anyways

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to know is it possible to pass the theory test without doing any lessons?
    I am planning on doing the test in three weeks time and I have only started revising, do I have a chance?

of course ^____^
    I revised for about 3 weeks, first week very light revision, 2 or 3 days half an hour or so then 2 weeks pretty much everday up to an hour ;yes;
    you stand every chance :p: bearing in mind I'm quite stoopid anyway xD

ReputationRep:
    Well, I failed my first theory test a few weeks ago. I passed the question section with full marks but completely flunked the hazard part. I have my second attempt tommorrow and I'm actually getting nervous because I felt like an idiot the first time I failed and I'll feel even worse if I fail again. I have been practising with a CD-ROM and have been passing but then again I passed every time before my first test. Anyways I'm sure you will be fine with the question section as it is pretty much common sense, apart from the odd random, stupid question about trams and towing a caravan. Also, the hazard part isn't too bad to be honest, I was just particularly bad at it he he he.
    Good Luck all XXXX

ReputationRep:
    Are people aware that the theory test is changing??

From Sept. the number of questions is going up to 50 (pass mark 43) and the cost is going up also (£28.50 I think from memory).

Seems a bit excessive to me, based on the fact that the questions at the moment are pretty inane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balky_Bear)
    Well, I failed my first theory test a few weeks ago. I passed the question section with full marks but completely flunked the hazard part. I have my second attempt tommorrow and I'm actually getting nervous because I felt like an idiot the first time I failed and I'll feel even worse if I fail again. I have been practising with a CD-ROM and have been passing but then again I passed every time before my first test. Anyways I'm sure you will be fine with the question section as it is pretty much common sense, apart from the odd random, stupid question about trams and towing a caravan. Also, the hazard part isn't too bad to be honest, I was just particularly bad at it he he he.
    Good Luck all XXXX
    Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll be fine

I've got my theory next wednesday (8:30 am :eek:) and i'm nervous!! I'm practising most days with my CD and its going well but I think i'm going to mess up on the day! Especially the hazard perception. I'm getting better at it though and got a 64/75 on my cd yesterday (my best so far wooo ).

ReputationRep:
    My theory test is tomorrow. I really hope I pass.

you will! believe in yourself! and just make sure you click when you see the hazarrd and when it changes. Don't make the mistake like I ddi(still passed though) and click frantically for one so you get 0 for the clip
    good luck friend

ReputationRep:
    My theory test is tomorrow. I really hope I pass.
    Good luck It'll be fine. Let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the result is in and I passed! I managed to get 34/35 and 66/75, which I'm quite pleased about. Good luck to everyone else XXXX

(Original post by Balky_Bear)
    Well, the result is in and I passed! I managed to get 34/35 and 66/75, which I'm quite pleased about. Good luck to everyone else XXXX
    Congratulations!

Are you booking your practical soon?

I have mine in 4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I passed!!!!!!

35/35 and 63/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPirate)
    Congratulations!

Are you booking your practical soon?

I have mine in 4 weeks.
    Won't be doing practical for a while yet. I've only had 8 lessons and I'm useless at RRC lol. Good Luck for your test though!

Oh and congrats to Ilora XXX

ReputationRep:
    I passed!!!!!!

35/35 and 63/75
    Conjubilations!! And to you Balky bear. You both got amazing marks!

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone! i've got my theory test on the 16th August, and I've gone through all the questions etc and have been passing the mock tests with 33s, 34s and 35s. My only problem is the hazard perception. I've tried clicking as soon as I see the hazard, clicking a couple of times after that etc and I just can't get the hang of it, and I have failed the practise tests 4 times now. I've been searching the net for any tips etc, but i can't find anything to help me. I had my eyesight tested about 2 months ago so I know it is that im just rubbish at hazards. Has anybody got any tips or anything that could help me please?? im getting frustrated atm. thnk u xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *rebecca*)
    hey everyone! i've got my theory test on the 16th August, and I've gone through all the questions etc and have been passing the mock tests with 33s, 34s and 35s. My only problem is the hazard perception. I've tried clicking as soon as I see the hazard, clicking a couple of times after that etc and I just can't get the hang of it, and I have failed the practise tests 4 times now. I've been searching the net for any tips etc, but i can't find anything to help me. I had my eyesight tested about 2 months ago so I know it is that im just rubbish at hazards. Has anybody got any tips or anything that could help me please?? im getting frustrated atm. thnk u xxx
    Hi, I found it hard at first trting to spot the hazards before they had actually happened but it comes with practise. The hazards that seem to pop up a lot are cars coming out of a junction in front of you, cars, people and animals appearing round a corner you can't see around e.g. country lanes, emergency vehicles that you have to slow down for, bicycles, doors opening on parked cars, zebra crossings and vehicles coming towards you on your side of the road. If you keep a check out for those things then you might find you do a bit better. Sorry if that's not too useful but it's just practise I suppose. Also, I go to the same college as you lol I'm from Aycliffe....small world.

A good place to practise theory tests is on the dvla website (or dsa I can't remember).

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.