Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got this out on video last night... anyone got on thoughts on it?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

i thought it was a sweet enough film, but nothing actually happened! it's probably really symbolic in ways that i really didn't notice.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I loved that film. I just thought it was sososo beautiful from start to finish... It's not exactly action packed and the jokes fell flat on me, but I was so moved by it. I'll buy it on DVD when I have the cash!

ReputationRep:
    it is very strange, but undoubtably sublimely excellent.

ReputationRep:
    If you've ever felt completely lost in a big city, seeing this movie brings all the emotions back. And the relationship between Bill and Scarlett's characters is quite intriguing: kind of shows you how two people, who you wouldn't expect together, can become so close, because of all the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    i really enjoyed the film in the cinema...

terrific acting, great scenery in/around japan, hilarious portrayal of the japanese, and feelings which can easily be identified with.

shame about the (lack of) plot, and the rather random ending though. but a very beautiful film.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of my favourite films...I think it's refreshing to watch a film that isn't action-packed from start to finish.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was boring. I really didn't enjoy it at all. It seems as though it never got going, like it was building up to something, but just missed. Totally anti-climatic film.

The only scene I liked was in the strip club where Peaches was playing:

"Sucking on my titties like you wanted me, calling me, all the time like Blondie. Check out my chrissie behind it's fine all of the time."

Classic lyrics there. Quite beautiful.

Rubbish film overall. 2/10

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant film, yet I can't pin down why I liked it so much. I've never really liked Bill Murray but thought he was excellent, very funny (especially when he goes on the exercise machine). Despite not a great deal happening or being said in the film, I thought it was directed superbly and my previous scepticism of Coppola following in her fathers' footsteps has been eradicated.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.