The Student Room Group

How do i take up Further Math?

So as of now i am in AS Levels, trying to figure out how the whole FPM thing works.
After taking a look at the FPM syllabus it says that ill require knowledge from P1 & P3, S1, S2 and M1, M2

My school is preparing us for P1, P2, P3, S1 and M1
So how do i go about this?
should i take up S2 and M2
or study externally just for FPM and not give an exam (for S2 and M2)?
also what modules for FPM are recommended?
please let me know ASAP
any help whatsoever is highly appreciated :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by yadav1aryan
So as of now i am in AS Levels, trying to figure out how the whole FPM thing works.
After taking a look at the FPM syllabus it says that ill require knowledge from P1 & P3, S1, S2 and M1, M2

My school is preparing us for P1, P2, P3, S1 and M1
So how do i go about this?
should i take up S2 and M2
or study externally just for FPM and not give an exam (for S2 and M2)?
also what modules for FPM are recommended?
please let me know ASAP
any help whatsoever is highly appreciated :smile:

If you want to take the Further Maths exam and your school won't teach you S2 and M2, then you'll need to study them in your own time. There are no modules in CIE Further Maths - you just take a pure maths paper and an applied maths paper at the end of the course, each of which test the either the entire pure or the entire applied syllabus. Each of the two exam papers is 3 hours long.

Quick Reply

Latest