Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,I've been considering applying to LSE for Law on my gap year, and while I have very good grades (8A*s and 4As at GCSE, 4 As at AS, 3 A* A-Level) from a very average state school, I'm quite concerned at how competitive it is. I plan on applying to other high risk unis (Oxford, Durham, UCL) as well as a slightly safer local one (Manchester) but I'm not sure how much risk I really want to take on overall. I know how competitive Law is (17% offer rate), and I feel like a lot of that boils down to how important the Personal Statement is. I guess I just feel like how good a personal statement is can be so arbitrary and difficult to follow - and that makes applying to LSE a real risk. I know that they have a little guide on how to structure a personal statement - is following that guideline - passion for Law, wider reading, work experience, volunteering/sport bit at the end - enough? It just seems from past LSE applicant threads that the personal statement rejection is so prevalent.

ReputationRep:
    The reason the offer rate is so low is due to the fact that LSE is a well know uni and a lot of people apply regardless of their grades/PS. Don't be afraid of those numbers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.