The Student Room Group

Some other students make me feel uncomfortable ?

Its like Im waiting for them to make some joke about my appearance or life.

They all talk about their amazing sex lives and clubbing every night which I just wasn't brought up like that.

How can I stop feeling so scared they will start asking me questions and mock me ?
I was scared of talking to different students. Don't worry! There's nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by saraxh
I was scared of talking to different students. Don't worry! There's nothing to worry about.

I literally dread the lessons though :frown:
Original post by im.a.witch
Its like Im waiting for them to make some joke about my appearance or life.

They all talk about their amazing sex lives and clubbing every night which I just wasn't brought up like that.

How can I stop feeling so scared they will start asking me questions and mock me ?

Really sorry you feel so bad. Their amazing sex lives are more than likely over-exaggerated anyway. Don't worry lovely, you hold your head up high and get in there and if they mock you, hold your head up even higher and your middle finger higher. X
So, let me get this straight.

Other people are having perfectly normal conversations about their lives and their perfectly normal activities - relationships, entertainment and such, and are keeping it to themselves, so in no way are they including you in their conversation, let alone mocking you, and this makes you feel uncomfortable? The mere realization that other people are doing something perfectly normal, and you're not, and that they might make fun of you for that, even though they didn't, and show no signs of possibly doing so? What??

You are literally an amoeba if something as trivial as that can possibly insult you or make you feel uncomfortable. They're doing absolutely nothing wrong and are acting perfectly normal and you're afraid that your puritanical little bubble will burst when you're next to other people who're not as backwards as you. Other people are allowed to have relationships and have fun, deal with it. Life isn't meant to pander to your every little peeve. If such banal things can make you so "uncomfortable", what's the point of university? It is meant to expose you to new information, new views, fresh ways of looking at the world and all the different possible experiences that go along with that.

Life is full of people that live differently and might not agree with you. Bloody deal with it.
Reply 5
Original post by Withengar
So, let me get this straight.

Other people are having perfectly normal conversations about their lives and their perfectly normal activities - relationships, entertainment and such, and are keeping it to themselves, so in no way are they including you in their conversation, let alone mocking you, and this makes you feel uncomfortable? The mere realization that other people are doing something perfectly normal, and you're not, and that they might make fun of you for that, even though they didn't, and show no signs of possibly doing so? What??

You are literally an amoeba if something as trivial as that can possibly insult you or make you feel uncomfortable. They're doing absolutely nothing wrong and are acting perfectly normal and you're afraid that your puritanical little bubble will burst when you're next to other people who're not as backwards as you. Other people are allowed to have relationships and have fun, deal with it. Life isn't meant to pander to your every little peeve. If such banal things can make you so "uncomfortable", what's the point of university? It is meant to expose you to new information, new views, fresh ways of looking at the world and all the different possible experiences that go along with that.

Life is full of people that live differently and might not agree with you. Bloody deal with it.

I have anxiety and also im not at university.

They've already asked half the class who they don't usually talk to about their preffered sex positions and how many people they've "sucked off"
Reply 6
Original post by Seamus123
Really sorry you feel so bad. Their amazing sex lives are more than likely over-exaggerated anyway. Don't worry lovely, you hold your head up high and get in there and if they mock you, hold your head up even higher and your middle finger higher. X

Thank you :smile:
Original post by im.a.witch
I have anxiety and also im not at university.

They've already asked half the class who they don't usually talk to about their preffered sex positions and how many people they've "sucked off"

In my school It's frowned Upon.

Quick Reply

Latest