Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I failed my resit (24%) however still managed to pass overall (40%) the module with the help of the coursework side. The exam was a fail because my course introduced a exam requirement passing grade of (30% off by 6 percent). As far as I know, no other departments in the university have this requirement. They introduced this requirement this year so the department website has nothing about this on their site to help me.

What would the likeliness of the board of examiners allow me to pass by compensation as my other results were good, 2:1 overall even with this "fail" module. Or at least allow me to trail the remaining 15 credits into third year.

The module I failed is not a prerequisite to any modules for next year so is not related to what I'm going to do for next year. The department office has not sent me any results letter or transcript on their decision on what to do with me... I hope they let me through as redoing a year for one failed module is just a terrible thing I don't want to think about.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Peerhaps read the rules? If they were going to award you a compensated pass, then wouldnt they have done so already instead of failing you? Compensated passes are normally 36-39% range.

ReputationRep:
    From what I seen on the SDS, I failed. But other than that, no other indication if I'm going to progress onto next year or not. The department has been slow in communicating to me, probably due to new freshers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.