Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hi

so i'm making this thread about my sixth form college, as I think i've been illegally excluded.

I've been bullied for quite a few months by the same group of boys who over time have encouraged other people to join in with the bullying and destroy my reputation/friendships. I made my sfc aware of the situation as one of the boys posted indecent photos and claimed they were of me (they weren't) and another that i'd stolen his property. This was all false and there was evidence to prove this. I was promised counselling by the headmaster at college however I never got it and so didn't get the help I needed.

So just at the end of last term (July) I overheard that the bullies had knives and that they were planning on hurting somebody in college. I thought this was me as it was my tormentors and so went to my personal tutor to report it (when i reported it i was at home because i was too scared to go in and worried i'd get hurt). Me and my mum were called into a meeting the same day and there was an unexpected turn of events...

We attended a meeting with the vice and my personal tutor and the vice instantly hurled allegations at me like i was the instigator that I had never heard of before and were known by my parents to be made up entirely. He then proceeded to say that I was doing destructive things and i'd tricked myself into thinking I hadn't and that my parents were 'deluded' and 'freaks'.

I had a psychiatric assessment, there is nothing wrong with me whatsoever or my parents and I am simply suffering from a low mood as a result of what's happened.

The vice then told my mother that if she didn't withdraw me from college that he would expel me the following week and shouted in her face that I would get a bad reference if I wasn't withdrawn by her in the next few days. My mum panicked and her and my dad went in the next day.

The vice was rude and aggressive with my parents again, saying that I was 'mental' and that I operated four phones, accuse people of rape and so on. My parents told him that this was all rubbish as they pay the phone bills and I have one old tatty phone. I had never accused any of these boys of raping me either.

He also said that I was doing a range of other things and when my parents aske for proof of it, he had NOTHING that he could show them. Nothing at all. So I have no idea why they suddenly decided to take my place away?

So the vice then sent an email which said that he had taken away my place and I had to go somewhere else and that my parents would have to arrange this themselves by ringing around places in the local area.

We have had no right of appeal, or the opportunity to contact anyone in the college except that vice principal because I haven't been 'expelled' and they're just ignoring my parents (the govenors, the headteacher etc. my place was not removed by the headteacher) My place has just been taken away by a vice principal, is this allowed?

The college haven't agreed to help me find anywhere else either so me and my parents have had to ring around places ourselves and beg for them to take me. The college have made me lie to other institutions and say I couldn't fit into my previous sfc, presumably to save their face, which is again, a lie.

We haven't been able to find anywhere because nowhere lets people transfer into year 13 for A levels and they're saying I can't start again because I have AS qualifications (at AABB) so i'm in a bit of a rut. The local authority are refusing to help probably because its not a proper expulsion?

So where do I go from here? I'm sat at home not in education because there's nowhere for me to go and start over and nowhere for me to go and transfer due to different exam boards etc. the only response I get is 'carry on at your current sfc it's only a few months now'. Little do they know i've been pushed out...

It's only been a week and a bit and i'm quite a proactive learner so I have been self studying my A level work so I don't fall behind. I also have friends at Cambridge and contacts there who are checking/helping me with my personal statement, so it's not too catastrophic.

I just don't know where to go from here. My parents have contacted the MP who has said that the college have already acted illegally by not making sure I had alternative provision and that if i want to be educated. I have to be, somewhere.

The MP is in the process of contacting the sfc and seeing what the f they think they're doing. But in the meantime, I need some advice, can sfc's do this or is it unlawful? And where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi

so i'm making this thread about my sixth form college, as I think i've been illegally excluded.

I've been bullied for quite a few months by the same group of boys who over time have encouraged other people to join in with the bullying and destroy my reputation/friendships. I made my sfc aware of the situation as one of the boys posted indecent photos and claimed they were of me (they weren't) and another that i'd stolen his property. This was all false and there was evidence to prove this. I was promised counselling by the headmaster at college however I never got it and so didn't get the help I needed.

So just at the end of last term (July) I overheard that the bullies had knives and that they were planning on hurting somebody in college. I thought this was me as it was my tormentors and so went to my personal tutor to report it (when i reported it i was at home because i was too scared to go in and worried i'd get hurt). Me and my mum were called into a meeting the same day and there was an unexpected turn of events...

We attended a meeting with the vice and my personal tutor and the vice instantly hurled allegations at me like i was the instigator that I had never heard of before and were known by my parents to be made up entirely. He then proceeded to say that I was doing destructive things and i'd tricked myself into thinking I hadn't and that my parents were 'deluded' and 'freaks'.

I had a psychiatric assessment, there is nothing wrong with me whatsoever or my parents and I am simply suffering from a low mood as a result of what's happened.

The vice then told my mother that if she didn't withdraw me from college that he would expel me the following week and shouted in her face that I would get a bad reference if I wasn't withdrawn by her in the next few days. My mum panicked and her and my dad went in the next day.

The vice was rude and aggressive with my parents again, saying that I was 'mental' and that I operated four phones, accuse people of rape and so on. My parents told him that this was all rubbish as they pay the phone bills and I have one old tatty phone. I had never accused any of these boys of raping me either.

He also said that I was doing a range of other things and when my parents aske for proof of it, he had NOTHING that he could show them. Nothing at all. So I have no idea why they suddenly decided to take my place away?

So the vice then sent an email which said that he had taken away my place and I had to go somewhere else and that my parents would have to arrange this themselves by ringing around places in the local area.

We have had no right of appeal, or the opportunity to contact anyone in the college except that vice principal because I haven't been 'expelled' and they're just ignoring my parents (the govenors, the headteacher etc. my place was not removed by the headteacher) My place has just been taken away by a vice principal, is this allowed?

The college haven't agreed to help me find anywhere else either so me and my parents have had to ring around places ourselves and beg for them to take me. The college have made me lie to other institutions and say I couldn't fit into my previous sfc, presumably to save their face, which is again, a lie.

We haven't been able to find anywhere because nowhere lets people transfer into year 13 for A levels and they're saying I can't start again because I have AS qualifications (at AABB) so i'm in a bit of a rut. The local authority are refusing to help probably because its not a proper expulsion?

So where do I go from here? I'm sat at home not in education because there's nowhere for me to go and start over and nowhere for me to go and transfer due to different exam boards etc. the only response I get is 'carry on at your current sfc it's only a few months now'. Little do they know i've been pushed out...

It's only been a week and a bit and i'm quite a proactive learner so I have been self studying my A level work so I don't fall behind. I also have friends at Cambridge and contacts there who are checking/helping me with my personal statement, so it's not too catastrophic.

I just don't know where to go from here. My parents have contacted the MP who has said that the college have already acted illegally by not making sure I had alternative provision and that if i want to be educated. I have to be, somewhere.

The MP is in the process of contacting the sfc and seeing what the f they think they're doing. But in the meantime, I need some advice, can sfc's do this or is it unlawful? And where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you X
    This is quite sad; In the mean time, just carry on self-studying your A Levels and let the MP do his job. I'm pretty certain the vice principal will be dismissed of his job soon judging by this. You may want to consider emailing prospective universities of what's actually happened - this would account for the lack of references, if things don't resolve as soon as you would like.

Honestly, if you want to facilitate this, book another meeting with him and record what he says and the lies he makes up - he would have nowhere else to run then. I know a friend who did this with a teacher who was suggestively racist and discriminative towards him constantly, and it got the teacher removed.

If you've managed to get AABB in difficult times like these. I doubt you even need much support academically at a college - just keep studying. There's plenty of good resources on here, in books, and on the internet that makes having teachers redundant for A Levels.

Lastly, you should really report these bullies to the police. If they're posting indecent images and claiming it's you and seemingly threatining your life, then it is essentially a criminal issue - they are nearly adults too, so the charge is as high as it can be for a child.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.