Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In the middle of dinner my mum said to me "help me think of a sentence with the word 'slight' in it?" (It's for my brother's homework)
    So then I said to her "I can't think of any on top of my head but I have thought of sentences with the word 'slightly' in it"

Then she gave me a look and shouted "HOW CAN YOU NOT THINK OF ANY? YOU WANT TO BE A PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER YET YOU CANT EVEN DO THIS SIMPLE THING!"

I was annoyed throughout the rest of dinner. I'm stressed enough as it is, I don't need anymore negative pressure from her. Was there any need for her to get angry over that little thing?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like she was stressed or had something on her mind before you said that. Maybe she acted out on you because of what she's stressed about? She probably didn't mean to take it out on you tho, hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a slight overreaction

ReputationRep:
    "***** don't slight me".

ReputationRep:
    maaaaaaaaaad ting G.

ReputationRep:
    yeah she overreacted but it probably wasn't worth making a fuss over unless it's a pattern, sounds like she was stressed anyway and something blew up

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a bit of a c*** tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.