The Student Room Group

Medical appointment conflicting with fieldwork

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my situation I'm in.

I've got a medical appointment with an eye doctor at hospital on the 28th November. Starting that same day, is a 3 day field trip to Snowdonia, studying glacial landscapes.

I am unsure as to what to do. Should I cancel this appointment? (may take til next year for another) Should I tell my teacher about this and see if there is a workaround as it is part of my coursework?

I skipped out on my field trip in GCSE level due to a separate eye issue, and still got an A in my GCSE exams.

So I'm stuck. Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Spackman
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my situation I'm in.

I've got a medical appointment with an eye doctor at hospital on the 28th November. Starting that same day, is a 3 day field trip to Snowdonia, studying glacial landscapes.

I am unsure as to what to do. Should I cancel this appointment? (may take til next year for another) Should I tell my teacher about this and see if there is a workaround as it is part of my coursework?

I skipped out on my field trip in GCSE level due to a separate eye issue, and still got an A in my GCSE exams.

So I'm stuck. Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:

I know how awkward this is, I'm sorry it's happening. What you should do first is call the hospital and see if it's possible to rearrange. A lot of the time there's cancellations. You might have to wait a couple of extra weeks, but you'll get the appointment. Because you won't have to be referred again and go on a waiting list, it shouldn't be too long. It's worth trying. If not, think about how important it is and talk to your teacher about it. See what they say. Explain the importance of it, and that you tried, and see if there's any other way you can make up for that missing coursework. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I know how awkward this is, I'm sorry it's happening. What you should do first is call the hospital and see if it's possible to rearrange. A lot of the time there's cancellations. You might have to wait a couple of extra weeks, but you'll get the appointment. Because you won't have to be referred again and go on a waiting list, it shouldn't be too long. It's worth trying. If not, think about how important it is and talk to your teacher about it. See what they say. Explain the importance of it, and that you tried, and see if there's any other way you can make up for that missing coursework. Good luck!

Cheers for replying, unfortunately they cannot rearrange but I shall speak to the head of department tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending