Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Meeting girl first ever time in my life tips plzz but social anxiety watch

Announcements

Hi there so iv never had gf before but iv been talking to this girl for like 5 months and tomorrow i shall meet her . But i have social anxiety i get very nervous i begin to shake sweat i dont know what to do . I need some tips like smile, smell nice, wht else and how shall i manage it if i do get nervous like that and begin to shake or go red.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I have exactly the same problem when meeting new people. Just remember that it's only scary until you do it. I often find that just taking one deep breath relaxes me enough to get composed again, so maybe try that if you're feeling nervous. Actually, I must also confess that having a drink before hand is useful, but when I met my girlfriend's dad for the first time I'd drank a few beers to ease the nerves and it became pretty obvious :P

Anyway, she is just another human being. All humans are ridiculous in their own ways and all have the little fears that we would rather weren't obvious.

Just make eye contact, smile a lot and be kind. Best of luck!

PS let us know how it goes! :')

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to her like you would with any of your guy friends

(Original post by INFJLinguist)
    Hiya,

I have exactly the same problem when meeting new people. Just remember that it's only scary until you do it. I often find that just taking one deep breath relaxes me enough to get composed again, so maybe try that if you're feeling nervous. Actually, I must also confess that having a drink before hand is useful, but when I met my girlfriend's dad for the first time I'd drank a few beers to ease the nerves and it became pretty obvious :P

Anyway, she is just another human being. All humans are ridiculous in their own ways and all have the little fears that we would rather weren't obvious.

PS let us know how it goes! :'
    Thank u very much with the advice yes when i breath deep from my stomach i feel soo relaxed i wil ltake that advice thanks and il take a bottle of water with me aswell .

Im going thursday now so i will let u know

once again thank u very much for the advice !

ReputationRep:
    calm down, she wants the same thing you do. just chill, be nice and she will fall in love with you without you having to do much

ReputationRep:

Lmao i'd get slapped or worse pepper sprayed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)

Lmao i'd get slapped or worse pepper sprayed
    Lol obviously avoid any inappropriate guy jokes

(Original post by INFJLinguist)
    Hiya,

PS let us know how it goes! :'
    Went great ! didnt get nervous at all thanks i drank water and kept breathing i was fine !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.