Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After doing your animal experience at a dairy farm or vets should you be getting the references there and then, or should you wait for the universities to write to them. I want to go to Glasgow so if anyone knows what they prefer it would be great.

Also, what are the best magazines to read on the subject of veterinary work?

Thanx, Daibhidh

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know that Edinburgh wants you to send in any references you have in after you get your UCAS number but Im not sure about Glasgow though...Ill need to find out. Will you be applying in October? Im doing work experience at Glasgow just now and its been really good, its my first choice if I get what in need in my highers.

ReputationRep:
    They don't want your references to be sent to them (unlike Edinburgh). If you get called for interview they will send a form (stuff like why would this candidate make a good vet, bad vet etc) which the vet which you have worked most closely with, has to fill in and send back to them (confidentially). So basically what I did when I went to the interview was, I took with me my references from farms, other vets etc in a file so that they could have a read through it during the interview.
    However the other references really weren't essential for them at all. The great thing about Glasgow is, if you get called for interview, then you have a VERY high chance of getting an offer - they hardly interview any in comparision to the other vet schools, hence why their interviews are so relaxed and chatty But of course you won't just be applying to Glasgow, so it would be helpful if you could get all your references for the other vet schools that you apply to (esp. Edinburgh!).

Provided I get my grades I'm going to Glasgow in September so I hope this has been of some help to you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, thats what I needed to hear.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been told that Liverpool also like references

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2004

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.