Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will I be informed of my new grade after a remark? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My old school volunteered to request remarks. They have paid (or are going to pay) for the remark of some of our Unit 1 English Language exam papers (AQA). When, approximately, would I be notified of what grade I've attained?

By the way, I was literally one UMS point off a B for English Language (I got 209). What are the chances my grade will increase? Not too bothered to be honest though.

ReputationRep:
    Your chances are as good as any - if you're not paying and you're not bothered it's a win win situation. Re-marks can take up to four weeks but I would say you should know by the end of the month - depending on how quickly your exams office process the application and then get the information back to you.

ReputationRep:
    English marking differentiates between people I do hope yours is a nice one. I remarked my English lit last year as I was two marks off an A* and it went down by 9 marks thankfully though it was still an A. However I remarked my maths and it went up to a B so it will depend really on your examiner. You should probably get it back soon it won't be later than like mid October if you've already requested it. Your school would send it off straight away and it takes 2-3 weeks to get back

ReputationRep:
    AQA normally take about a week.

ReputationRep:
    Was 1 mark away from B in English Lit , came back unchanged, this year they will only mark uo if there was a marking error not just for a difference of opinion. This took 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lindylou11)
    Was 1 mark away from B in English Lit , came back unchanged, this year they will only mark uo if there was a marking error not just for a difference of opinion. This took 2 weeks.
    In English Literature or Language there can be several marking errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    In English Literature or Language there can be several marking errors.
    Absolutely , Drama paper was marked up 8 ums this year , went up 2 grades and C to B overall the reason was "Not marked in accordance with mark scheme. An unreasonable exercise of academic judgement"
    Sadly too late as it cost my sixth form pace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lindylou11)
    Absolutely , Drama paper was marked up 8 ums this year , went up 2 grades and C to B overall the reason was "Not marked in accordance with mark scheme. An unreasonable exercise of academic judgement"
    Sadly too late as it cost my sixth form pace!
    Sorry to hear that. What are you doing now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.