The Student Room Group

best uni for parties/nightlife/going out?

wondering
Original post by dj1282
wondering

According to Unifrog, Liverpool is.
Don't.
Don't go to uni to party, please.
Don't choose a uni based on which has the best 'nightlife'.
9k a year is a lot for a bit of fun. Why not get a good degree then use your wage to have a good time?
The logical answer is Newcastle, but you should go to university for that
Reply 5
Original post by Aydin7
9k a year is a lot for a bit of fun. Why not get a good degree then use your wage to have a good time?

why not have the best time in uni
Manchester
Reply 7
Original post by lw8
Don't.
Don't go to uni to party, please.
Don't choose a uni based on which has the best 'nightlife'.

shesh
Newcastle
Cardiff
as others have said or maybe not in the same tone if your priority in going to university is to party my advice just dont go. It is not worth spending £60000+ on getting a worthless degree. I say £60000+ instead of the usual £9000 a year because you have the opportunity cost in doing this over employment and have to pay rent food etc with no money coming in (excluding part time work etc)

you should be going to university to learn about a subject you are passionate about, or to gain a key skill/ability/trade, or for better career opportunities.

To get any of that properly you need to get into a decent standard university where you have to work full time working hours or more to get that degree. There are many degrees out there that are not even really part time hours let alone full time ones. If your priority is partying you might end up at one of those what a waste of time and money, you will regret it later in life.

Look don't get me wrong when you go to university you want to socialize and get out there, but your priority should be mastering the subject.

when I go back to university my priorities in strict order will be 1. focusing on my degree and developing a skill. 2. trying to find a girlfriend 3. socializing. 4 other stuff if time.

in that order my studies will come first and if there is no time for anything else then I guess all I will do is study I have to know I am securing a good education and developing a strong skill. I wont begin to entertain anything else until i feel comfortable in that.

after that I will try to find a girl who hopefully i can settle down with as I am not getting any younger, and if successful the spare time I have will be used to make it work with her.

If i have time after all that for a social life then happy days.

I am not ruling out been in the clubs etc but I will only be there if i can afford to be. I wont trade my future for a few drunken nights of fun.
Original post by Luke7456
as others have said or maybe not in the same tone if your priority in going to university is to party my advice just dont go. It is not worth spending £60000+ on getting a worthless degree. I say £60000+ instead of the usual £9000 a year because you have the opportunity cost in doing this over employment and have to pay rent food etc with no money coming in (excluding part time work etc)

you should be going to university to learn about a subject you are passionate about, or to gain a key skill/ability/trade, or for better career opportunities.

To get any of that properly you need to get into a decent standard university where you have to work full time working hours or more to get that degree. There are many degrees out there that are not even really part time hours let alone full time ones. If your priority is partying you might end up at one of those what a waste of time and money, you will regret it later in life.

Look don't get me wrong when you go to university you want to socialize and get out there, but your priority should be mastering the subject.

when I go back to university my priorities in strict order will be 1. focusing on my degree and developing a skill. 2. trying to find a girlfriend 3. socializing. 4 other stuff if time.

in that order my studies will come first and if there is no time for anything else then I guess all I will do is study I have to know I am securing a good education and developing a strong skill. I wont begin to entertain anything else until i feel comfortable in that.

after that I will try to find a girl who hopefully i can settle down with as I am not getting any younger, and if successful the spare time I have will be used to make it work with her.

If i have time after all that for a social life then happy days.

I am not ruling out been in the clubs etc but I will only be there if i can afford to be. I wont trade my future for a few drunken nights of fun.

each to their own
Original post by dj1282
why not have the best time in uni

It's about having a balance, if you set out with your main priority of only having a good time, you will fail and waste your money. It's possible to have a great time like you say, but still keep focus on why you're there.
I.E. don't chose your uni solely on its nightlife, but still consider it when making your choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending