The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

LeRock society -- can an outsider placement student join in?

Hi, I am a student at one of the universities in Sheffield and I am on a placement in Bristol.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows if it's possible for someone who studies (or works at the moment) outside of Bristol to join one of the societies in Student Union of Bristol university.
I am interested in one society called LeRock and if I can remember they have sessions on Thursdays but for students. But I was wondering if it's possible to join the session since I am still a student, but from an outside university.

Thank you for reading!!!

P.S. When is the day for societies during fresher's week? It's just I might pop in to ask a question or two and explore other societies.
Original post by pavelexpertov
Hi, I am a student at one of the universities in Sheffield and I am on a placement in Bristol.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows if it's possible for someone who studies (or works at the moment) outside of Bristol to join one of the societies in Student Union of Bristol university.
I am interested in one society called LeRock and if I can remember they have sessions on Thursdays but for students. But I was wondering if it's possible to join the session since I am still a student, but from an outside university.

Thank you for reading!!!

P.S. When is the day for societies during fresher's week? It's just I might pop in to ask a question or two and explore other societies.

[email protected] Try contacting this email to ask, probably your best bet. To my knowledge, you need to be part of the SU to join a society but don't quote me on that. You might be able to sign up as a guest but I'm not totally sure. Basically contact that email because they'll know more than me hopefully :P

Alternatively you could contact the society directly and ask if it's possible to join sessions.

I assume by day for societies you mean freshers fair, it's Friday on the downs I believe (more info on SU website). If it's like last year though you'll need a valid U card to enter. You might want to ask about that too when you email to see if you can be let in. Alternatively you can try and persuade them to let you in at the door, my flat managed to get someone in by giving them a UNITE key card and saying they forget their UCard.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
You'll need to purchase associate membership of the Union (around £30-35) which will put you in the same position as a Bristol student.

''try and persuade them to let you in at the door'' this too, you can always try talking your way in.
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
You'll need to purchase associate membership of the Union (around £30-35) which will put you in the same position as a Bristol student.

''try and persuade them to let you in at the door'' this too, you can always try talking your way in.

Ok thank you! I was wondering do you know when it's a society fair day in Fresher's week?
Friday, The Downs, 11am-5pm. :smile:
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
Friday, The Downs, 11am-5pm. :smile:

Thank you!!
Original post by pavelexpertov
Thank you!!

Take some form of Student ID as it's normal for security to ask for it when you enter. I doubt you'll need a Bristol ID card, any university should suffice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending