The Student Room Group

Disastrous AS Exam messing up other grades...

Evening everyone, I've got a question about predicted grades and offers etc, and was wondering whether unis will look at your grades in context. I got As in Physics and Politics, but had a bad day in one Maths paper, which pulled everything down to a D (I got my paper back and I had mad some ridiculous mistakes), giving me AAD. My college has a strict policy of only predicting what you got at AS. I was originally wanting to apply to Exeter/York/Southampton/Nottingham, which all ask for AAB/ABB. Do you think I have any chance of getting offers to these?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by smarshy21
Evening everyone, I've got a question about predicted grades and offers etc, and was wondering whether unis will look at your grades in context. I got As in Physics and Politics, but had a bad day in one Maths paper, which pulled everything down to a D (I got my paper back and I had mad some ridiculous mistakes), giving me AAD. My college has a strict policy of only predicting what you got at AS. I was originally wanting to apply to Exeter/York/Southampton/Nottingham, which all ask for AAB/ABB. Do you think I have any chance of getting offers to these?

I suggest you contact the universities in advance and ask a hypothetical question before putting in an application. If you do decide to apply to these universities, I'd make it two above your predicted grades at the most, and ensure that the rest of your choices match up with your predicted grades. An awkward spread of results can be difficult and are often better catered for by universities which give points offers rather than grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending